Seven

Getting jailed in this room was definitely not my plan for the rest of my life. This new place was entirely alien to me.

Slowly I walked outside my room to look at what was happening.

It was definitely a round table conference with the family and nehas family.

" John i know it's not micheal's fault. Micheal is a good man. Let's just say for the time being it turns out to be micheal's child. What are we going to do next. Whats happens to Neha and Micheal?" Mr.Nazer asked.

Micheal's father only rubbed his temples in deep thought with a loud sigh.

" Honestly nazer, this situation is driving me crazy. We have lived happily all these years with so much pride and respect in the society. This girl is the first real problem of our family."

I could only overhear and not respond. Never did I think I would be someone's headache in my life.

Bringing me back to earth was my phone ringing in my hand .

It was from the hospital.

All heads and stares were in my direction .

I immediately took the call and moved away from hearing range.

" Dr. Roselin. There is an emergency. One of your patient has  gone into labour and she is asking for you. She is a VIP patient so we couldn't refuse. Please can you come.?"

" Who is it?"

" Mrs. Regina. The famous actors wife ."

Regina was my close friend too. She made me promise her a million times that i would be there during her delivery.

I have to go now.

" Fine. I will by on my way. Start her on the IV" and I cut the call.

What am I gonna tell these people? Should i give them my whole life history about my work and my past.
Till things settle down i thought it was ok not to mingle too much.

Without any word I started towards the doorway.

" Wait".... Ah not him again. " Where do you think you are going at this night.?"

" It's my work call. I have to go."

" No. You are not going anywhere until we sought this out"

" I accepted to stay in your house. But I am not a prisoner. I have all the rights to lead my routine life. And don't worry I won't open my mouth about you and this baby to anyone." I left without turning back, despite their shouts and call for my name.

I reached the hospital shortly in time by an auto. The hospital was swamped.

Regina was already  fully dilated but the doctors looked anxious.

" Whats going on?"i asked in panic.

" She is fully dilated but the baby is not descending. We think her pelvis is not roomy enough. The baby heart rate is coming down."

" Why are you wasting time? Take her for a c section."

" We would. But she never trusts anyone. Thats why we were waiting for you".

" Oh my god Regina. Sometimes you just have to act to the situation."

Regina was already exhausted from all the pushing.

I turned to the nurses.

" Get her prepped. I am scrubbing in"

And just like that i had a long and hard night with my patient. My phone rang a few times and it was Micheal. But when two lives are at stake, i didn't get the time to answer.