Chapter 34

Ayumi's P. O. V:

Staring at his friend who's struggling to breathe as his body slowly starts turning grey, Kakashi demands to know, "But... why? We made up our minds to... Your power is still needed here!"

As the spike crumbles from Obito's stomach, so do the spikes on Kaguya's back. She straightens as she frowns at the Uchiha.

Zetsu says, "We need to infuse more chakra again. Mother, let's teleport to the Root Time-Space." He frowns. "You'll recover faster there."

Kakashi demands as cracks spread over Obito's stomach, "Why save someone useless like me?!"

The white haired man responds, "Don't you mind me. Just focus on the enemy." Kakashi gasps as he whips his head around to the woman.

Naruto groans as he and Sasuke struggle to get up. Sasuke manages to stand first, teeth gritted.

Naruto gasps in horror as more cracks appear in Obito's body. He slaps his palm to Obito's back to try to heal him.

Zetsu tells the Uzumaki, "It's totally useless, Naruto." Zetsu smiles creepily. "He's a goner. He'll rot away like trash and die."

Naruto glares daggers at him before Obito speaks up. "No, Naruto, he's completely right. Don't waste your chakra."

Zetsu wants to know as Kakashi glances to Obito, "Why do you sympathise with him? He was originally your enemy, remember? Then again, Obito's now a traitor to us, too." He gives a Cheshire Cat grin. "A loser on all fronts! Hated by both ally and foe. No family or friends to mourn him. He's all alone—with no legacy. He lost those previous to him." Obito frowns. "He couldn't even fulfill his dreams! And after being used up, he's helpless now." Here, Obito closes his eyes guiltily for a brief moment. "He's a fool full of only mistakes."

Naruto hisses angrily, "Why, you...! How dare yo—"

"You're right," Obito cuts in. He falls silent for awhile, no doubt remembering all the terrible things he's done. The Uchiha finally speaks up again. "You're right. It's an end worthy of the criminal that I am."

Naruto hoods his eyes as he clenches his teeth very tightly in anger.

Sasuke suddenly gasps. He then launches at Kaguya with his Chidori crackling wildly around his left fist. The woman whips her head to him in shock before the Sharingan in her forehead pulses. Then the scene chances once again.

This time, we're in what appears to be a mountainous dimension with a sickly green coloured sky. Sasuke hisses with agitation as he lands in crouch and Kaguya floats up into the air, the Chidori gone.

Sakura gasps as she flicks her gaze around, "We've been here before..."

I groan in exaggeration, gazing around as I stand up, "She changed worlds again?" Just what the hell is this crazy ability?! Kakashi and I glare up at the woman in the air.

Sasuke activates his Susano'o cloak. He turns to Naruto. "Naruto! I'll handle the diversions," He says. "Obito's beyond help. Come with me." Naruto couod only stare mumble at Sasuke. I gaze worriedly at him. "I'm going!" Forming his full Susano'o, Sasuke launches into the sky after the Otsutsuki.

Dust and debris blows over us.

"Dammit! Dammit!" Naruto grits out before returning his attention to Obito, hand still on his back. "Dammit!"

Naruto squeezes his eyes shut as more of Obito's stomach crumbles away.

Obito looks back at him, a faint smile on his lips. He tells the blonde gently, "Enough. Thank you Naruto." Naruto's eyes jerk wide open and full with horror. Obito continues to slowly crumble away. "After fighting you, I feel like I've woken up.