Chapter 2

Gromit was making his way back, passing the stair way. The air was cold and he was heading towards his favourite bar. It was an escapism for him, and he was eager to get there. When he opened the door, a bell rang bringing everyone's attention to him. but before he could notice, the attention was gone as he didn't appear to be anything amusing. He didn't pay attention to what was going on around him, he simply took a seat in a sigh of relief. He froze out in the cold air but here was so cozy and calm. Jazzy music was playing in the background and the light's color would change from Purple to orange. He started dreaming away in his thoughts. 

"Heh, cheese of the year day, that's silly.." he yawned and dozed off. Until he heard a voice calling "Hey, hello!?". He suddenly woke up. It was the waiter who had brought him his tea. Gromit felt a bit embarrassed. "What's up with me today? It must of been that announcement." he thought. He grabbed the newspaper and started scanning the pages. The only things he could spot were either "Lancashire's cheese of the year day" or some performance that had happened yesterday. It all seemed very boring to him. 

Gromit was soon done and left the bar. He walked down the street, looking at the clock. He had been in that bar about four hours and it was really getting time to head back home. He walked up the stair way and down the street leading up to his house. He entered the house and called out to Wallace "I'm home!". 

"Come to the dining room, dinner is ready, lad!" called Wallace back. Gromit was delighted, he was starving and dinner was exactly what he needed. It looked so delicious and if that wasn't enough, a bowl of oranges were waiting for him as well. He took a seat and glanced at Wallace. He had a suspicious smile and looked oddly optimistic after what happened at the festival. Gromit found it strange but didn't think much of it. He took a bite and glanced at Wallace again. 

"Hey uhmm, no hard feelings about earlier, right..? Asked Gromit sheepishly. 

"Right.." responded Wallace. 

"Great! Great.." responded Gromit. Something just felt a bit off. "I uhmm.. I'll head up my room, thanks for the dinner!" said Gromit, getting up from his seat and walking out of the dining room. He closed the door and sighed. He looked around the hallway. It was rather lonely. Gromit walked in his room and slowly closed the door. Night was approaching and his room was dark and gloomy. Gromit turned on his little lamp which had a warm orange color. He grabbed a ball of wool, turned on the radio and laid on his bed. A few hours of knitting passed until he decided it was time to go sleep. He turned off the radio and lamp. He put on his night cap and covered himself with a blanket. "What a strange day, hopefully tomorrow will be better." he thought in the dark. Gromit yawned and soon fell asleep. 

Next morning was a gloomy one on 62 West Wallaby Street. Gromit was fast asleep in his room which felt so peaceful. It was like nothing could ruin his dreaming into subconsciousness, until.. "Rise and shine everybody, because it's Lancashire's cheese of the year day!!". Gromit woke up with a start at the announcement. "Huh? What's going on, playing yesterday's tape?" he was confused but came to the conclusion that it was just some silly joke. He got out his bed, taking his night cap off and looking around. 

He suddenly heard the bustling noise coming from down stairs. "Okay.. What the actually heck is going on?" he asked himself. He rushed downstairs to the kitchen and saw Wallace. He turned around and noticed Gromit's sudden appearance. "Ooh, Good morning Gromit! You know what day it is today!?" Wallace asked excitedly! 

Gromit didn't know what to say. "Is- Is this some type of jo-" he asked. "Why are yo- I- I'll be back in a second!" he shouted while running back to his room.