0|0|3

Admiring herself one last moment in the mirror, Jorlyn had decided to join Rhaenyra to ascend some stairs to the large balcony, while Viserys was addressing the crowd

"Be welcome! I know numerous of you have journeyed long leagues to be at these tournaments. But I promise, you will not be dissatisfied." Viserys spoke as the crowd cheered.

"Your sister does not seem that content with your arrival?" Rhaenyra noticed how Jorlyn chuckled to herself. "Are you delighted by that?"

Jorlyn returned to her serious self and looked back at her friend, not smiling this time. "Forgive me for my words, but I could not care less about what she or my father desires."

As the two young girls were searching for their seats, Viserys stood amid other nobles, addressing the crowd.

"When I look at the fine knights in these lists, I see a group without comparable in our histories. And this splendid day has been created more auspicious by the announcement that I am happy to share, Queen Aemma has begun her labors!"

Jorlyn turned her head in Rhaenyra's direction, giving her a nod, knowing this was a moment she'd much rather spend waiting in the hallway while her mother was bringing another life into this world.

And not eyeing a tournament where men would try to get at one another's throat.

"Rhaenyra, the maester has demanded your presence." A knowledgeable voice spoke up which made Jorlyn roll her eyes and sigh. "I will make sure to keep Jorlyn company."

"Yeah, you surely will, although i do prefer better things than your presence, sister." The older Hightower spoke, keeping her eyes on the men that were combating. "But please, do be seated."

"I must go, I will see the two of you soon." Rhaenyra smiled, picking up her dress and leaving.

Two knights joust in the middle of the arena. The audience cheers and the winner approaches the balcony, bowing.

" A mystery knight?" Alicent asked, leaning towards her sister. "Haven't seen him before?"

"If you'd watch closely you'd see it's a Cole, of the Stormlands." Jorlyn fiddled with the ends of her dark-colored hair.

"Never heard of that house before?" Alicent furrowed her eyebrows, looking at her sister.

"Alicent, is there anything that you have truly heard of? Not to be unmannered, just something I would genuinely like to know about you." Jorlyn chuckled, waving a fanner in her face and her hair blending in with the wind.