Angst

Requested by me because I wanted to🙃
Warnings: Angst, abuse, sh description, blood, attempted suic¡de, language, kissing?
---

Gus's Pov:

I had a shitty day at school today. I forgot to turn in my illusions homework and got thrown in the detention pit for an hour. I probably got some sort of disease: they never clean it. All I could think about was why M̶a̶t̶t̶y̶ Matholomule wasn't in school today. So I decided to go to his house and check on him.

When the bell rang, dismissing all of the students, I packed away my pencil case and ran down the path towards Matt's. It was cold and I had forgotten my coat at home this morning, boy do I regret that.

I could see the roof of his house and saw that his window at the side was closed. He always kept it open in case I wanted to come over. When I reached Matt's house I carefully walked around to the side his window was on.

I picked some gravel off of the floor and threw it at his closed window. The curtain opened inside and I saw Matt's face: his hair was greasy looking and there was a stream of dried blood on the left side of his head.

I grabbed the wooden trellis and started climbing as he opened his window. I hopped through and pulled Matt into a tight hug. I noticed the tears falling from his eyes and a gash just above his ear. His arms where messily bandaged and his shirt was ripped.

"Matty what happened?" I whispered into his ear. I stroked his hair as he choked out a reply, "M- my mother, she, Gus she, she hit me again." He stuttered quietly between words. "She pushed me down the stairs a, and hit me with a beer bottle until it smashed."

He started sobbing as we sunk to the floor, my arms wrapped strongly around him, hoping to bring him some comfort.

To stop him from floating.

Sometimes Matty floats when his so called mother does this. He floats away and reaches for the blade. His subconscious taking over and he tries to cut out the sad.

I found him once, wrists bleeding out onto the bathroom floor. He said he didn't mean to go so deep, he didn't want to leave me.

His shitty father walked out five years ago and his shittier mother blamed it on him. She hit him and hit him and hit him, he showed up at my front door once black and red and blue.

I cried that day. I will remember it forever. Never forget.

Forget, repeat. Don't forget. Never.

I kissed him, a small attempt to stop his tears.

---
First chapter done, it's sad I'm sorry!

466 words