• 3 •

Obsessive love ~ chapter 3 <3

• Alia Knight

An hour had passed and I contemplating how much stabbing yourself in the eye with a fork would hurt. I was so lost in my plan on how to get out of this stupid breakfast that I didn't notice my drunk boyfriend stumble across the lawn.
"Alia."
"Alia."
"ALIA!"

I snapped out of my daze and looked up at Ash.
"Huh?" I ask and she grabs the top of my head and turns it the opposite direction. What I saw was 100 times worse than what everyone at this breakfast would see if I decided to stab myself.
JJ was halfway across my yard and slowly but surely making his way towards me. "Fuck." I mutter, "OW" I feel a sharp tug on my hair and look behind me to see another horrifying site. My mother was standing over me, and she did not look happy. "Get that filth off of my property before I call the police." And without another word to me she plastered her award winning fake smile onto her face to go greet an older woman who was just arriving.

I stand up and quickly walk over to JJ and snatch the flask out of his hand. "Don't touch my flask." He sneers as he try's to grab it back from me. I grab onto his wrist and pull him into the house.
"What exactly do you think you're doing here?!" I ask, "And why are you drunk at 11am??" I pause for a second, remembering he only drinks early when something's bothering him.

"Is everything ok?" I ask, feeling bad for snapping at him if something was wrong. "Holy shit your house is huge." He says, ignoring all of my previous statements. He starts walking out of the grand foyer and makes his way into the kitchen. "Would you stop walking for 3 seconds please." I sigh. "How come you've never had me over? It's just you and your mom here? Why don't you invite some other family to live here?" He dabbles on and on barely giving me any room to speak. When he suddenly stops talking I look at him, "You done yet?" I sigh. He doesn't answer just keeps staring past me. I snap my fingers in his face but he doesn't budge. "Hello? Earth to JJ?"

"What is so interesting about the wall-" I nearly jump out of my skin when I turn around and come face to face with Rafe Cameron and his god awful girlfriend. "Jesus, way to sneak up on someone." I mumble.
"I told you." His lap dog yaps as she tugs on his sleeve, "He's here." Lilah says as she looks at JJ.

"Yeah I can clearly see that, he's standing right in front of me." He rolls his eyes as he pulls his arm away from her. "Actually i'm standing right in front of you and frankly I think you need a breath mint." I wave my hand over my nose as I take a step back.

"At least my boyfriend doesn't have to be drunk to spend time with me." Lilah sneers.
I narrow my eyes at her and then move my gaze to Rafe, "You might wanna put your chihuahua on a leash before I rip out those ratty extensions." I scoff and I hear a small chuckle escape Rafes mouth which earns him a smack from his girlfriend before she storms out of the room.

Rafe seems unbothered by the whole scene and shifts his gaze towards JJ. "Tell your boy we know what he did." His gaze darkens as he speaks. He gives me a side glance before walking out the way Lilah left just moments ago.
"Are you gonna explain or am I gonna have to figure this one out for myself?" I sigh once Rafe leaves the room.

"It's nothing." He says and I raise an eyebrow, "Uh huh, what is going on with you? We never keep secrets from eachother." I sigh and he shakes his head, "You still friends with Topper?" He asks and I nod slowly, "Yes?"
"Then I can't tell you." He says before walking out of the room.

I groan before following after him, "JJ, please just please go and sober up." I sigh as I find him laying on the couch. When he doesn't respond I make my way over to the couch, I move his legs before sitting down and look at him. "JJ." I say and he pulls his cap over his eyes. "Sleeping." He replies.
I grab the hat from his head and toss it across the room, "Look, my mom's already hard enough to deal with, it's even harder when my boyfriend, who I love but she hates is here." I sigh, "You know I want you here and I want to spend time with you, but you can't just show up here drunk with no warning."

JJ finally opens his eyes to look at me, "Ok." He says before standing up and walking across the room to grab his hat. "JJ." I sigh as I follow after him. He abruptly turns around to face me, "I'm sorry Ali." He sighs before placing a soft kiss on my forehead, "I'll see you later." He gives me a small smile before walking out the front door.