ℯ𝒾ℊ𝒽𝓉

Astrid

"Princess, you need to take care of yourself." 

"Leave me be," 

"You need to eat, Princess Akasha would want you to take care of your health." 

"I'm not hungry." 

"Leave us." 

"Prince Xiphus, what a surprise," 

"Flower, why aren't you eating?" 

"I will soon, I just need to finish this first," 

Without a second longer, the paper in my hands were taken away. I look up and glare at the Prince, irritating flowing through my veins. 

"Eat, then read," 

"But-" I tried to argue.

"No questions," The firmness in his voice cut me off. I nod and go back to eating, for the first time since I've been in the dinning room I noticed something was different. "Where's the King?" 

"He was feeling a bit ill today, and left to his chambers." 

"Oh." 

We stay quiet, Prince Xiphus watching me eat meal. Once I finished I reached over for my papers, only for them to be pulled away from me. 

"Why did you switch necklaces with Princess Akasha?" 

My hand  automatically goes to the necklace in my hand, "Why did you give her the real one and me the fake?" 

At my words he smirks down at me, amusement in his eyes, "I've read somethings about Decoys and wanted to test my theory." 

"Is that so? Was your theory correct?"

"That depends, why did you guys switch necklaces?" 

"We always switch gifts that are given to us, no matter what," At my words his smirk turns into a  disappointing frown. "Did I prove your theory wrong your highness?" 

"You guys are smart, I'll give you that," He chuckles eliminating the disappointment on his face. "Still, I know who the real one is." 

"Is that so?" I tease. 

There's no way he knows. 

"Yes, and I know who my bride will be," 

"Pray tell, who?" I move closer to him, not breaking eye contact. Part of me knows he is bluffing, but a small part feels like he does know who is who. 

My heart beats faster under his gaze, he seem to be examining every detail of my face, and I the same. Our breath interlocking as one, the world frozen around us. but of us trap under our gaze, none of us wanting to pull away. 

"Princess," The voice of my guard pulls us out of our trance. 

I clear my throat, my cheek heating up slightly, "Yes." 

"The king has summon both you and prince Xiphus to his chambers," He says, avoiding eye contact with us, clearly embarrassed for interrupting us. 

Prince Xiphus was the first to get up before extending his hand to mines. I ignored him and got up on my own, not missing the hurt that flashed his face, I follow the guard to the king's chambers. 

Multiple guards and servants surrounded the King's chambers, all of them with a serious look on their face as they glare at Xiphus. 

What is going on?

I walk inside the room, stopping in my step when I saw who was on the King's bed, tears in her eyes, clothes filled with dirt and hair a mess. 

"Akasha," I whisper in shock, she looks up rushing towards me and giving me a big hug. Before I could return it, she backs away and glare at the man behind me.