The Forbidden Zone pt II

WC: 2,052

WC: 2,052

John B tapped the camera as Pope tried to figure out how to work the drone.

JJ started to mess with the buttons, "What's this right here?"

"Don't touch that," Pope slapped his hand away. "I'm trying to work out this thing."

Kiara and John B were in the water with the drone.

JJ said, "God bless geeks, Pope. Truly man. What would we do without you to control the drones?"

"Technically it's not a drone, it's an ROV."

"Shut up. Shut up. It's too early for that right now."

"And well I don't really know how to. She should be here soon to show me."

"She?" JJ asked.

A Jeep pulled into the driveway.

JJ's head snapped over to it and then back to Pope, "Is that Bella? What the hell man?"

"Sorry, she knows how to work it. I don't."

JJ just huffed and leaned against the railing as Bella started walking up.

"Hey," she awkwardly said. "Um Pope-" she gently whispered to him, "You didn't tell me they would all be here."

"Sorry," he just shrugged.

She sighed and gave them a polite smile. 

John B and Kiara both came up to the surface, and realized who was here. Neither one of them said anything as Pope started asking her a bunch of questions.

After about 20 minutes of Bella explaining and showing the controls to Pope, she realized something was off.

"What is it?" Pope asked.

Bella tilted her head back and forth, "It's slow."

"Slow?" JJ asked. "So?"

"Well see here-" she pointed at the screen. "That's the timer for how long it should take a dive set a certain depth. I've been comparing it and they don't match up."

"How do we fix that?"

"Mmm could be the fans, something caught in them."

"Is it important? Couldn't we just leave it?" JJ asked.

"Well depending on how deep the dive is could double your time searching. And with deeper waters you don't really want to risk that." She took off her shirt and shoes. "Give me a sec and I'll see what's up." She dove into the water.

JJ muttered quietly, "That was hot."

Pope laughed having heard him.

"Shut up Pope."