Prologue

"A long, long time ago, a kingdom lived in peace..." A match strikes, and a scroll tied with a red ribbon appears on a wooden desk. It opens to show an illustrated village. "believing they had nothing to fear." A family is illustrated in the scroll, but it flips to show the young girl of the family in front of a dark forest. "But lurking in the shadows was a great and terrible evil." Multiple eyes glow from the darkness, a low growl heard.

A different scroll rolls open to show the monster breathing fire onto the village. "The monster attacked without warning, laying waste to everything and everyone in its path." A golden sword gleams along its way to show a fierce warrior with long, golden hair. "But in that darkest hour, a hero rose up. Her name was Gloreth."

"Go back to the shadows from whence you came!" Gloreth's strong voice proclaims. Trumpets fanfare and more images of Gloreth show how she defeated the beast, stabbing it in the center of its heart.

Monsters are shown surrounding the village, and a wall is blocking them from entering. A bright light raining protection onto the village. "Gloreth vowed that her people would never be vulnerable again."

"So she trained an elite force of knights and decreed that their descendants would protect the kingdom for generations to come." Just as said, Gloreth is shown with many other knights besides her, passing down their swords for their children while the villagers worship them.

Gloreth is above the monsters on the wall while they struggle to climb. "But if you want a happily ever after, you can never let your guard down-" blackness envelopes the screen while just a pair of glowing eyes are left, "-because the monsters are always out there."

*1000 years later*

Bright lights fill the sky as flying vehicles float to and from. Fireworks of all colors erupt. "Good evening, folks. We are coming to you live from the Glorodome." Cars race down the street to get good parking spots. "I'm Nate Knight." "And Alamzapam Davis." Gloreth's statue fills the view as Nate continues talking, "And tonight's the night we knight the knights! Ain't that right Pam?"

"It sure is, Nate." A blimp floats above the Glorodome with the two New Broadcasters on it. "But this is also the most controversial knightint ceremony in a thousand years." The Glorodome and current knights keeping watch are shown before sliding over to Pam and Nate.

He says dramatically, as he gestures around, "You can feel the excitement and the tension."

People rush to see the screen as a kid excitedly says, "Come on! It's starting!"

"Tonight, tradition will be cast aside and the kingdom will change forever because of one man." More people continue to crowd around the big screen as excitement fills the air before it slides below the ground to see a jail like area with a small, barely working TV.

"Ballister." On the tiny TV training grounds are shown as a child no older than 6 jumps the gates and begins to attack the training dummies. A pair of orange glowing orbs stare in intense fascination. "The street just with the impossible dream of being a knight." He rips the dummies head as he loudly pronounces. "I'm here to slay monsters and protect our kingdom!" A scoff is heard as the kid is tackled.

"Impossible, that is," on screen shows the day the queen allowed Ballister to join, the teacher handing him a sword as everyone is watching the big screen in awe, "until the queen herself made a shocking decision."

She was holding the young Ballister close as she said, "No, he doesn't come from a noble bloodline..." She bends down to him as she holds her heart, "but he might just have the heart of a hero." He jumped as reporters immediately asked questions.

A sequence of his training flashes onto screen as Pam speaks. "And Ballister made the most of that chance, graduating top of his Institute class. A class that includes none other than..." "Ambrosious Glodenloin." Screen Ambrosious gives a smooth 'Hey' and wink as Nate continues. "Direct descendant of Gloreth herself, and the most anticipated knight of a generation." Everyone cheers as it shows him taking a picture with a boy in a wheelchair.

"With Ballister joining the ranks, for the first time in history, our safety will be out in the hands of a commoner."

People are interviewed on how they feel, and...

"I don't feel safe." "It's not what Gloreth wanted."

"Ugh." Someone watching groans as they begin to walk away. "I really hope the queen knows what she's doing."

"So tonight, only one question remains. Will the kingdom accept this knight who might not be right?"