Chapter 1: The appearance of the Crane

Hundreds of years ago, a family of crane in the lands of Wakoku, stood amongst others, due to their unique and elegant mannerism

The youngest of them, was a shy, yet well-mannered, and talented colt, their presence caused quite a fuss, but at the end, all is well.

Everyone was happy with the crane's elegant dancing, to the point they named them, 'Shirasagi Himegimi', the crane who turned into a maiden/man.

But, despite their enthusiastic life, their land were in the middle of a war between the tiger and the turqoise. The land the crane once called home is now filled with the corpses of her friends and family, as their blood stained the once healthly grass that they once danced upon before.

On his dying bed, their brother said, "Don't let them see your true colors. We must not let the prying eyes satisfy their sight."

In sadness, they shed the tears they never had done before, and fled the land with their guilt in mind, and their family's teaching at heart.

A soft shine from their blade reflected the clear skies, as they landed elegantly on top of a mountain. It's been such a long time since she has traveled to Gusu. They trusted that they won't get caught in the affairs of a certain sect.

They sheathed their blade, before pulling out their fan that had a small white tassel attached to it by the end.

"Hey, hey! Three fresh, juicy plums for 20 copper coins! Come buy, lah!"a loud yell from a street vendor blends in from one shout to another as she enters the infamous streets of Caiyi.

"Oh, dear customer! We have the best loquats in town! A bucket for 5 silvers!"

"Gongzi! I'm selling these jade tassels for only 1 silver! Come!" A middle aged woman shouted in Gusu dialect, gesturing her hands to the two Lanling Jin cultivators that passed by her shop.

"Oh my, if it isn't Yan-guniang/gongzi¹! Come, come, It's been a while since you've passed by in Caiyi!"a mellow voice called out to (Name) as they smiled back at the familiar food store owner.

"Miss Pei, It has been a reunion long overdue. How have you and your husband been faring?"they politely greeted the kind woman in front of them.

"Oh, no need for such formality! It's not like I don't know you, (Name)! Call me Jie-jie!"she chuckled playfully as she led (Name) near a shelter by her shop.

"A-Cheng and I have been doing well with our business and such ever since you came by last time, lah! So many young cultivators wanted to see you!"Pei Jian giggled happily as she served them with a nice, warm cup of tea.

"Ah, I am most glad to hear that, Jie. I have been too occupied in investigating a case in Qinghe that I almost forgot to stop by."(Name) folded their sleeve elegantly, before taking a sip at the tea with great leisure.