Chapter One~ Woodsboro Dance

The halls of Woodsboro High are littered with students, most a part of the schools' prom committee.

Woodsboro prides themselves on how extravagant their school dances are. For a town of this size, that's kind of all they can have going for them.

I walk into the main hallway with my best friends, Sidney Prescott and Sarah Sherman. My brother, Stu Macher, and his best friend, Billy Loomis close behind.

"Sidney, you've got a Meeks at your locker." I say to the brunette. Her head turns, eyeing her locker. "Randy, take a hint!" Stu shouts, to which I turn around, smacking my brothers arm.

"Just cause you're a dick doesn't mean Sid is. She's a grown woman, she can handle it." I say. "If by grown woman you mean 17, sure." Billy responds, and I roll my eyes, making my way to my locker, a few down from Sarah's, 2 down from Sidney's.

"Sarah! Do you have a pencil? I forgot one." I ask, leaning against the lockers next to mine. "Yeah, here." She digs through her bag, tossing a pencil at me.

"You're awesome." I respond, twisting the dial on my locker. I make my way over to Sidney's locker, leaning against it.

"So, did Randy leave you another love note?" Sarah asks, standing on the other side of Sidney. "Sort of. He wrote on a paper 'you should ask me to prom.'"

I laugh, my brothers maniacal laugh coming from behind me. "He's that desperate?" Stu asks, the bell ringing for class.

"Hey, Cor, can I ask you something real quick?" Sidney asks me, and I nod. "What's up Sid?"

She sighs, fidgeting with her bracelet. "Can you see if Billy likes me? I want to ask him to prom, but don't wanna feel like a fool."

I give Sid a smile, nodding. "I'll see what I can do for ya." I turn to walk to first period, where I have class with Billy. I notice someone standing a ways down the hallway, peering around the corner.

I don't think anything of it, the schools full of weirdos anyways. I open the door to Mrs. Eisenhauers history class, sitting down in my seat next to Billy.

I pull out my notebook for notes, deciding that's the best way to communicate with Billy without getting into trouble. I use the pencil Sarah gave me, opening to a clean page.

C- I need to talk to you about something. Or write, I guess.

I slide the yellow notebook towards Billy, being subtle about it. I put my eyes to the board as he writes back.

B- yeah, what's up?

C- Someone wants me to ask if you like Sid

At this, it takes him a second to write back.

B- As a friend, yeah. Why?

C- apparently she wants to go to the dance with you. You should do it, even if you don't like her. She deserves the happiness after what happened to her mom

B- meet me by the bathroom in 5.

I sigh, looking up as he asks to go to the bathroom, completely ignoring the history lesson. After 5 minutes has passed, I raise my hand.