Prologue - "I'm Sorry."

"Can't you believe it? It's almost been two years... and I have never been this happy ever since I met you... Y/N," a male said, caressing and cupping Y/N's hands into his own. His touch was soft and gentle and they smiled at him while blushing.

"Eunwoo... but you're right. You really make me happy. So happy that I can't even imagine my life without you," Y/N said, now hugging their partner and Eunwoo hugged back. They gently watched the sunset while hugging each other.

"We should get home, it's going to be too late if we leave earlier," Eunwoo said, preparing to stand up and glanced at Y/N, who still watched the sun go down. "Y/N?" he shuffled in front of Y/N and waved his hand in front of them, however, Eunwoo slightly frowned while still waving.

"Oh! Sorry. I guess I was just too immersed into watching the sun," Y/N said. "What did you say earlier?"

Eunwoo went on one knee and repeated what he said earlier and Y/N nodded. Reaching out his hand, Eunwoo waited for Y/N to hold onto it and they did. With the help of Eunwoo, the two rose from the ground and stood up.

"You okay?" Eunwoo's tone of concern was clear, almost pouting in front of his own partner. Y/N then nodded yet suddenly paused in their own actions. A striking wave of pain went towards their head, causing Y/N to grasp their forehead.

"Y/N!" Eunwoo cried out, trying to keep Y/N standing yet failed as they suddenly lost their balance and collapsed. "No!"

Eunwoo brought out his phone and quickly called a friend of his. His mind frantically panicking, not knowing what to do, Eunwoo begged internally that this situation would turn out fine. Just then, the phone was picked up.

"Eunwoo? What's wrong?" another male asked. "Why are you almost hyperventilating?"

"JinJin! Go to Kingston Hospital! Hurry!" Eunwoo yelled and immediately ended the call. He suddenly carried Y/N and ran to the hospital he just mentioned. Muttering, he could only repeat one word: "Please."

JinJin on the other hand didn't know what was going on but he knew it wasn't good. At all.

"What's wrong Jin?" another male besides JinJin questioned why JinJin was quickly getting ready.

"It's Eunwoo. He told me to go to Kingston Hospital. Get the others Sanha, we gotta go," JinJin said as he quickly got his jacket on and car keys which led three more other males to go and get ready as well. Shortly after, the five males quickly went to Kingston Hospital.

Eunwoo arrived at the hospital before the five males could and immediately screamed for help, almost crying at this rate. Everyone glanced at him, confused, annoyed, or even just questioning on why a male would just scream in the hospital. A nurse suddenly came up to Eunwoo and asked what was going on.

"Sir... don't scream. You're disturbing the other patients," she said but Eunwoo snapped back.

"But please... get help, it's for my partner, please," Eunwoo's voice started to crack, tears swelling up at his eyes. The nurse glanced over at Y/N and quickly looked back at Eunwoo. Nodding, Eunwoo immediately followed the nurse towards the intensive care unit until many other nurses and doctors took Y/N away from Eunwoo's grasp.

"Do you mind waiting here for a while?" one of the doctors asked Eunwoo as he reached for Y/N when they left his arms.

"Can I see them immediately once you're done?" Eunwoo asked and the doctor nodded, quickly getting back to do his job. Eunwoo suddenly knelt to the ground and tears just fell as if there was nothing to stop them. Five other males came up behind Eunwoo, questioning what's happening.

"Eunwoo!" they all called out. Eunwoo looked back and started to cry more while saying their names.

"JinJin... Sanha... R-Rocky... MJ... Moonbin..."

"What happened? Why are you crying?" Sanha asked and Eunwoo looked back at the entrance of the intensive care unit. Stuttering with his words and in between sobs, Eunwoo replied.

"I-It's Y/N..." Everyone's expression went to a scared one. The others knew how much Y/N meant to Eunwoo and seeing them in the ICU made feel guilt and sorry in their bodies.

"W-Will they be okay?" Eunwoo asked, almost answering to himself at a begging point that their partner will be okay.

"Y-Yeah! It will. Eunwoo, everything will be okay.." Moonbin came up to Eunwoo and hugged him. Eunwoo in response held Moonbin's shirt tightly as he buried his head into Moonbin's shoulder, softly crying.

The six males looked at the ICU entrance for quite a while now. What seemed minutes made it look like hours and one by one, each male left having their own reasons to do so, making Eunwoo alone.

"Take care and my wishes to Y/N Eunwoo," Rocky said and left Eunwoo, making him the last person before Eunwoo was fully alone. Eunwoo then nodded at Rocky as he walked further and further away. Eunwoo stood in the same spot for the whole time, just hoping if any of the doctors would notify him about Y/N's condition.

Finally, the moment came, a doctor came up to Eunwoo who had been standing there for the longest time.

"We tried to stabilize everything we could. You can go see them if you'd like, I'm afraid you don't have much left," the doctor said and Eunwoo's heart fell, almost shattering in pieces but held on for one more moment. He quickly ran inside, visiting Y/N who was attached to all these equipment.

The silence made everything stand out, the monitor beeping, the soft breathing made by Y/N, and Eunwoo's shaky breathing that counteracted Y/N's own breathing.

"Y/N..." he muttered out, walking closer to them and his voice cracking at the moment.

"Eunwoo... I'm sorry..." they said, caressing Eunwoo's cheek and wiping away his tears. Eunwoo kept the tears coming, shushing Y/N as he didn't want them to think it was their fault.

"No... N-No... don't say that. It's not your fault..." Eunwoo caressed Y/N's hand as he said that, still sobbing.

"Please... don't cry... I want you to be happy," Y/N said, bringing Eunwoo closer to their forehead. As their foreheads touched, Eunwoo took a chance to take a quick kiss onto Y/N's lips. Eunwoo broke away from the kiss and said these words in their ear.

"I don't want you to leave..." Eunwoo said softly, but his heart sank as Y/N's hand that was caressing his cheek fell.

The heart rate monitor made a deafening screech of a flatline and it alerted the doctors immediately.

"Y/N? Y/N!" Eunwoo cried out but the doctors backed him away from Y/N while crying immensely at the loss of his partner. The last thing he saw was a sheet that covered Y/N completely, showing that they were dead.

"What am I going to do without you?"

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jul 15, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Back To You // Cha Eunwooजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें