Why does the LG washing machine leak from the bottom when spinning?

Finding a puddle under the automatic machine is quite unpleasant. The leak should be repaired immediately, as water on the floor can harm not only the equipment, but also the property of the neighbours living below. The causes of the accident can be very different, we will analyse in more detail why the equipment flows during the spin cycle. After all, this is the most common situation.

Where did the leak come from?

If you notice that the LG washing machine is leaking from the bottom during the spin cycle, you need to act as quickly as possible. First, you need to carefully, without stepping into a puddle, de-energize the washer. Next, you should find out why the water flows out of the machine. The reasons may be different:

Violation of tightness at the points of connection of branch pipes,

Drain corrugation defect,

Clogging of the garbage filter or its incorrect installation,

Seal damage,

Bearing failure,

Pump malfunction,

Defect or clogging of the detergent tray,

Tank damage.

Weed out the possible causes of leakage should be one after another, from simple to more complex. First, the drain hose is checked, then the garbage filter. We will tell you in more detail how to behave in the diagnostic process.

Trash can or drain hose.

A puddle found under a washing machine does not always indicate a breakdown. Sometimes a banal user error led to this. First, check that the drain filter plug is tightly screwed on, especially if you cleaned the trash can the day before. Also make sure the emergency hose is in place.

If the debris filter and emergency hose are secure, the drain hose will be next in line for inspection. Inspect if water is leaking at the place where the corrugation is attached to the pump, to do this, look under the bottom of the machine. Perhaps the fixing collar has loosened, and to eliminate the leak, you just need to tighten it.

If you find cracks in the place where the drain hose is attached to the pump, treat the cracks with a moisture-resistant sealant

If you find cracks in the place where the drain hose is attached to the pump, treat the cracks with a moisture-resistant sealant. However, it will be much more reliable to immediately replace the pump snail.

Also make sure that there are no cracks or kinks on the surface of the drain corrugation. If the rubber hose is damaged, it will need to be replaced. It is not worth rewinding the sleeve with electrical tape or tape - this is a temporary, and not entirely reliable measure.

Why does water leak during spinning, and not washing or rinsing? At this stage of the cycle, the machine spins the drum to its maximum speed, so it vibrates more. So, a loosely twisted filter loosens even more and begins to let moisture through.

Powder drawer or main nozzle

Even if water accumulates under the washer, the source can be much higher. Therefore, inspect the powder receiver. Probably, the cuvette is heavily contaminated, and this provokes overflow. The liquid is drawn into the machine, accumulates in the tray, cannot go further, therefore it flows down to the floor.