Part 4

Hi everyone! It's been sooooooo long since I've updated anything on my Wattpad account, but today I'm finally updating something because I *think* I found the park where I left off! It's been 5 months since I've touched the draft of my main story, The Malicious Shall Demise, and 7 since I've updated. But here's a different story update that will maybe break my year-long hiatus of this book. I also apologize if there is some kind of plot hole or something that doesn't connect parts 3 and 4 appropriately. I'm a lot more active on my Quotev account at this period in time if you want to check that out. The link is in my account bio.

When I woke up the next morning, I didn't expect Arcane to be at my bedside, seemingly watching me. I yelped, pulling the covers over myself.

"What are you doing, creep?" I asked him. "Don't you know how to be normal and not like you're trying to give me a heart attack?"

"Well, that might be because I'm not normal. Nobody is, if you think about it." He looked up with a thoughtful expression. "I think the real question is: what is normal?"

I sat up, still holding the comforter over me. "I thought you'd at least know how uncomfortable it is for a girl when a guy just shows up in the room when she's sleeping."

"Not much experience in that field. I tend to stay away from people."

"Makes sense since you were stalking me in the distance."

"Look, I wasn't stalking you. I was wandering around when I saw you, and kept checking back with you to make sure you didn't fall asleep in the field of blossoms. Quite a few people have."

"Well, that's great. Now can you please leave so I can get myself together? If you need me to, I'll come out and get you when I'm ready."

"Be quick because we're leaving."

"Fine. Now go please." After I watched him walk out, I stepped out of bed, going to the closet. I picked out an outfit that looked the most casual, and put it on. I looked at myself in a small mirror, fixing my hair. I slipped my boots on, and emerged from my room. Arcane was leaning against the wall outside of the room. He actually did wait outside the door. What a creep, I thought to myself.

"Where's Bruno?" I asked.

"Left."

"When?"

"Sometime between last night and this morning. Woke up and he was gone."

"Huh."

"Are you finally ready?"

"I didn't even take that long."

He scoffed.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes as Arcane guided me to his parents.

"Hope you slept well, Jade," Amy said to me. "I think we're all set."

"Are we walking?" I asked.

"No, the Order's caves are too far from here. We're teleporting."

"Oh, alright." Like that's a normal thing to do.

The three of us walked to the main room, where Nox was waiting for us. He had a small bag over his shoulder containing who knows what.

I also just realized how short this is and I apologize for my laziness on not writing the transition to the next scene yet :)