i miss you.

How long has it been? Perhaps it's been a month, perhaps it's been years. Nevertheless, he misses you all the same.

Aah, how I wish I could see your face again.

In the back of his mind, Yukimiya Kenyu, 28 years old, wondered if he had done something to anger God. If he, perhaps, in his previous life had committed a grave sin. Perhaps he'd been a tyrant, had taken the lives of others, and separated loved ones for eternity.

Because maybe, if he did, he would've had an explanation why God took you away from him.

You were taken away from him ten years ago, and after all this time, you're still a permanent resident of his heart.

Not long after your departure from this world, his sight soon followed after.

How cruel of God, that such a curse befall on him, when he has done nothing but love you deeply with all his heart.

Because not only did he take your form, your body and soul, away from him, he could no longer look at your beautiful visage. All of the pictures you took together, all of the memories, gone.

He thought he'd already hit rock bottom, that his life couldn't possibly get any worse than this.

Apparently, God had other plans.

Yukimiya doesn't remember what day it was, but he remembered, eight years ago, when he plummeted even further into despair, until he hit rock bottom.

He remembered holding his pair of a couple's necklace, holding the charm in his fingers.

Oh, how he missed you, holding you in his arms, caressing your long, silky hair, watching you laugh and your bright eyes turn into half-moon shapes...

Did you even have long hair?

And all of a sudden, as if a switch has been turned, Yukimiya searched through his memories, looking back at all his time with you.

What was the color of your hair? Its length? He doesn't know, he can't pinpoint it.

Your eyes? Were they a bright color, lighting up his world? Or were they the color of the night sky, making him lost in the darkness of your eyes?

Did the edge of your eyes crinkle when you smile, or was that just something his mind made up? Did you have dimples? Did you have a mole under your eye? Or was it near your lips? Did you even have a mole?

Did your hand feel soft in his, or was it rough with callouses?

He can't remember what you looked like.

No matter how hard he tries, everytime he tries to remember you, your face is all blurred up, ever-changing, and deformed.

How could he, the man who claims to have loved you with all his heart, the one who calls you the most beautiful, say all of that when he can't even remember your face?

Truly, he is worthy of being called a sinner.

Yukimiya Kenyu is a liar. He'd said your beauty will forever be imprinted in his mind, in his memories . But as liars do, he could not make do on his words, and had forgotten your beauty.

You, too, are worthy of being called a sinner. For you had left your love and left him alone in this world to suffer.

Perhaps, one day, God may forgive you like the other sinners. Perhaps, one day, he shall reunite you two once more.

Alas, today is not that day.

Yukimiya clutches the half-heart shaped charm of his necklace, praying to God once again. Because without you, his heart will never be whole.

.
.
.

NOTES.

Hellooo ☆(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ* it's been a while since I was active on wattpad, uploading fanfics,, and by a while I mean a long time (probably a year, more or less). If you knew me from my previous works, no you don't. Anyways, have this short angst oneshot as my comeback LMAO ✧(。•̀ᴗ-)✧ I'll also cross-post my other works here.