Chapter 1

Y/n's pov

It's my first day as a high school student. I was so excited. I woke up at 6.00 a.m. and took a shower first. Then, I had breakfast with my family before going to school. My father offered to drive my sister, Leeseo, and me to the school, but I decided to go with my friend, Seeun, who is our neighbour.

My father and Leeseo waved their hands to us before leaving the house. I watch the television before going to school since school starts at 8.30 a.m. and I have 1 hour left. I had a chat with my mom.

Mom: I hope that you have a great day, son. Please send my regards to Seeun and her family.

Me: Okay, I'll remember that.

Mom: And one more thing, don't cause any trouble in school. I don't want to come to school just because you got into a fight with the students.

Y/n: Come on, mom. I tried to protect my friends from getting bullied.

Mom: Yeah, justice is justice, but that is not the way to settle that problem. I'm happy that you mastered self-defence.

Y/n: Of course, mom. I want to be strong like Dad. Besides, I also want to protect my one and only sister here.

After a few minutes, I waved at Mom and left the house.

I went to Seeun's house, which was just beside our house. So, it was easy to meet her. We always met each other every single weekend, hanging out together while we were kids. Seeun and I were considered as childhood best friends. I miss the old times.

As time goes by, we rarely go out together, mostly because of Seeun. She had been grounded most of the time and needed to study every day without enjoying her life outside. I felt sad for her. I wanted to help her, but I couldn't because she never told me her problems until one day, I found out that she was abused by her stepfather, who recently married her mother three years ago.

FLASHBACK........

I was teaching Leeseo how to solve this equation for her math homework. She was confused at first, but luckily, she could catch up on me. Then, she finally completed her homework with my help. Well, mostly, she had done that by herself, and I was guiding her.

Leeseo: Thank you, oppa. I finally can sleep well. Good night.

I smiled and waved her back

I closed my door and went to my bed. I was trying to sleep, and then I heard a scream. Sounds like Seeun. How did I know? Because I said so.