Trouble At Sea

North Yulkshire, The Departure

There it was at Brantford, Old port, standing almost at 236.2 ft tall Durkheim, the 2nd cruise ship, a marvelous beauty and an excellent source of income for a striving town like Brantford. The men and the young lads came early at the doc, it was time to load the ship, and they wanted to get hired for the day. The captain and two other guys stood at the pier. They handpicked the daily workers to carry the passengers' belongings, food bags, and other goods needed for the trip.

"Ted, how are you, my lad," asked Sir Winston to the captain as he boarded the ship.

"Never better, sir. Everything is ready. We should be okay to leave the port soon and on the way to Manchester." The captain answered, slowly steaming off his tobacco pipe.

"Excuse me, sir. You dropped this." Said a bright-eyed and happy young fellow to Sir Winston, who had a bit of pickle picking up his music note sheets up the ramp. "Are you a composer?" He asked, looking at the music sheets. "Cecil, that's a lovely title.

"No, not that one. That's my most precious possession," Sir Winston said, grabbing the scroll from the young man and holding it against his chest.

"Here, let me give you a hand with these." The young lad said spiritedly, resting the heavy-loaded leather case with the music sheets on his shoulders.

"After you," Sir Winston said, watching the young man turn drudgery into pleasure going up the ramp.

"Easy, easy, be careful with that." Sir Winston insisted as the young fellow set the music sheets' case down on the cushions in the room. "Thank you, young lad! I don't think I got your name..."

"Branson, my name is Branson, sir," he replied.

"Well, Thanks, Branson. My name is Sir Winston Reggie.

"Sir Winston Reggie, as in the famous composer from Lenchester!"

"I see my reputation precedes me," Sir Winston nodded.

"Pleasure to meet you, sir," Branson replied with a firm handshake, "I'll see you on the upper deck soon."

Then came the boat whistle as a final warning for the late passengers. Those who stalled at the ice cream parlor with their relatives diligently boarded the ship, and it was time to leave Yulkshire's port.

The men, and the young lads, ran down the pier and waved goodbye to their families and friends as the boat sailed into a faint silhouette toward the horizon.

After resting a bit, Sir Winston made his way from the hallways to the avant-garde upper deck to enjoy the view. He inhaled sharply, looking at the beautiful clear sky and the majestic royal blue sea. The smell of the ocean was something he was familiar with, and he would call it his second home sometimes.

He spotted a couple of dolphins arching in and out of the crystal-crisp water on the ship's side. To his surprise, Sir Winston heard someone playing a familiar tune on the piano. He walked near the ballroom's entrance, and Branson sat on the ebony stool. It was a complex piece, but he played it beautifully.

"Ah, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to acknowledge the presence of the great Lenchester composer, Sir Winston Reggie." Branson pointed in his direction at the main door. The crowd was astounded to know that the acclaimed and favored by the crown was on board the ship.

"Would you like to play a piece for us, sir?" Branson asked before Sir Winston could exit the room. The other passengers cheered and Praised him as he made his way to the piano.

"You didn't strike me as a pianist," Sir Winston said to Branson after playing his piece.

"I taught myself how to play from when I was a young lad; reading is what I find the most difficult," Branson replied.