PROXIES

It is suspected that Proxies do the actual, physical work for Slender Man, such as creating and manipulating objects, destroying and leaving evidence, creating videos, and influencing victims as needed.

_______________________

Characteristics

   Despite popular belief, proxies are essentially little more than slaves. They are simply mind-controlled humans, who do not gain any unnatural properties other than their behavior. Most proxies are completely unaware of their nature, as their memories are suppressed by Slender Man, and those who do find out they are proxies are often horrified to learn of the mind control that had occurred.

   Very few proxies retain any of their personality while in forced servitude, as most adopt a separate personality altogether, sometimes nearly opposite of their real personality. This may be a method in which Slender Man helps prevent them from remembering their actions, or figure out what they really are. This alternate personality can range from sadistic to completely emotionless.

   Many proxies seem to figuratively (or sometimes literally) worship Slender Man while under his control; whether this is as a means of keeping them obedient or a result of an inflated ego is unknown, although the former may be more likely.

   Some stories report proxies who have either failed or who outlive their usefulness later being destroyed to prevent them from becoming a problem.

   In somewhat rare cases, fans will report Slender Man possessing a proxy completely, taking full control of the individual to the point they become nothing more than a vessel for Slender Man's own mind.

______________________

Ranks

Hallowed - Mindless puppets created by Slender Man for the harassment of runners, with no other purpose.

Berserkers - Most closely resembling the traditional perception of proxies, slaves to the Slender Man, but with enough of their own will left to have superior problem solving and tactics.

Sleepers - Have their original personalities kept intact, and are left unaware of their status of proxies.

Agents - Not proxies in the traditional sense; Agents appear to be the blogosphere's interpretation of cultists.

Revenants - Proxies with super-strength and regenerative abilities granted to them by Slender Man. Eventually became unpopular with bloggers and were retconned away as hallucinations.

______________________

Other Names for Proxies

-  Black Pawns

- Blanks

- Branched men

- Husks

- Indoctrinated

- The Pale Fingers

- Puppets

- Slaves

- Slenderman's Dogs

- STOCKHOLM

- Touched

The list is on-going !