Chapter VI: All Ends Bring New Beginnings

Author's Notes:

It's the final chapter!!! *Final countdown music*

In all seriousness, I can't believe I finished this stupid non-canon Devil's Luck AU book and not the actual canon Devil's Luck book on Toyhouse (link will be in the ending notes), what the fuck are my priorities right now???

Hey also sorry in advance if this is kinda short or cuts off awkwardly, I lost motivation midway through and also can't write fight scenes to save my life so lmao

-

Chapter Started: 2/13/23

Chapter/Story Finished: 4/30/23

~

July 2021

Gravity Falls, Oregon

Bill

Boy, I'm glad to be alive!

You may not know who I am, unless you happen to be one of those nutty online theorists who dreams of capturing me and sticking me in Area 51. For those who aren't part of that small, small portion of the mortal population, allow me to introduce myself! The name's Bill Cipher, a name you'll know all too well if you're a resident of Gravity Falls (or a geeky tourist, for that matter) who knows all there is to know about the story behind the mysterious statue hidden in the woods. In case you aren't aware, that statue is the only remaining evidence of Weirdmaggedon, the apocalyptic wasteland I'd created within Gravity Falls nine mortal years ago. Why I did what I did is a story for another day, so let's just keep things brief and explain how I was defeated by these twins and their great-uncles. In short, I entered their great-uncle Stanley Pines's mind, foolishly believing that he was Stanford Pines, the guy who has actual knowledge that I needed to acquire. While I was inside his mind, they used a memory-wiping gun to wipe Stanley's memory, wiping me out with it.

Or so they thought.

I floated down to the dining room, where Pine Tree and Shooting Star were eating some freeze-dried marshmallows with milk for breakfast (so much for cereals being heart-healthy for mortals!). I floated over to Pine Tree slowly and poked him on the shoulder to get his attention.

"So, did ya miss me?" I asked. "Admit it, you missed me!"

"Uh, hell no I didn't," Pine Tree said, his mouth full of marshmallows. He swallowed and continued, "I was actually glad you were gone, because the last thing I need to do is end another apocalypse."

"But I promised not to do that, didn't I?" I said smugly. "Come on, Pine Tree! I'm a man of my word sometimes!"

"Emphasis on 'sometimes'," Pine Tree retorted.

"Good morning, loves!" Lucky suddenly exclaimed, entering the room as she held her arms up dramatically (Lucky's known for being a drama queen, quite literally). As she picked up her dragging robe, she asked, "How are we all doing this morning?"

"Terrible," Pine Tree replied begrudgingly.

"I'm good!" Shooting Star chirped.

"I'm doing great!" I said. "Can't wait to start my first day as a changed man!"

"Wonderful, love!" Lucky said. "Benjamin Lucifer! Get down here!"

"Quit saying my full name—" Bendy began, but was cut off as he tripped and tumbled down the stairs in an almost comedic fashion, Blackhat following behind him in a strutting gait. As he stood up and dusted himself off, he said, "It's embarrassin'."

"I know, I just like teasing you about it in front of mortals," Lucky said with a smug simper.

"It's Bendy, capiche?" Bendy leaned on Blackhat's legs from his short height, continuing, "You ain't Dice."