Chapter 3- Falling

Lauren and I grew closer each day.

She's slowly unfloding herself to me and I'm really glad she trusted me with it.

She's like a beautiful wild flower, strong and brave.

I love just how she says things, she's eloquent and has the most beautiful mind.

I love it when she flips her hair, the way her eyebrows shoots up when she tell beautiful stories, her flaming confidence and her breath-taking emerald eyes.

But at the same time, it terrifies me how she acts and sometimes she says scary things about life and death. One day, when we were in the woods behind the east cabin, she disappeared from my side and I found her watching a bleeding bird.

It was so scared and hurt.

I was standing behind her and I dropped my jaw when she grabbed a rock and was about to hit the poor bird with it.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled, extremely terrified not just for the bird but for the explanation behind her sudden strange behavior.

She stopped and looked over her shoulder, meeting my gaze.

"Don't you see, it's struggling? I'm just helping to stop it's agony." she explained but I couldn't just accept it.

"Are you crazy? That's definitely not helping!" I exclaimed and aggressively stood next to her with face like thunder.

"Camila, this bird wouldn't wish to live anymore," she said, pointing a finger on the dying winged creature."can't you see it's a love bird and that's her partner."

She pointed to a dead bird few steps away from us. "If we let it live, it'll just kill itself coz that's love birds do when their partner dies, they would rather chose to follow them in death." she explained.

I rolled my eyes and looked away, crossing my arms over my chest but she held my face and made me look at her again.

"Don't worry Camz, it's just because they love each other that much."

She smiled so sweetly like what she was about to do is simply natural.

"Do you wanna do it?" She handed me the rock, shooting her eyebrows upward almost innocently like she's asking me to ride a bike and it was not at all a big deal. I aggresively shook my head, looking down on the rock in her hand. "No." I answered, breathing heavily.

"Do it." she instructed firmly.

Her tone was dramatically serious and intimidating.

"No, I-I can't!" I yelled. My eyes watered and my mouth was dry.

"Ok." She bluntly said, turning her gaze away from me and into the bird on the ground. She raised the rock over her head and hit the bird forcefully. Its blood scattered all over the dried leaves and my stomach dropped. My hand covering my mouth in disbelief as the tears finally fall off my eyes and I almost throw up.

"Oh my God!" I screamed out in horror.

"Don't worry," she said. "they'll be together now...for eternity." her eyes were bright but her face was as if blank and I didn't had a chance of examining what her expression was coz I still can't believe what just happened. "This is absurd." I commented, slowly shaking my head.

"Camila," she called me out. "death is not a scary thing. That's where everyone's heading. A final destination for all the living."

She looked at me and I saw a cold hearted Lauren. Someone I don't recognize. Someone who's capable of hurting anyone, anything for that matter.