Chapter 19:

Breakfast came and passed without anything unexpected. Thor, along with all of the other Asgardian palace officials, swarmed around the pair, repeatedly congratulating them and complimenting Loki on his newfound ability to walk. The news of their engagement had now reached the ears of everyone in the palace, and had begun its journey throughout the nearby villages. This meant that the entirety of Asgard had already started to prepare for the glorious occasion of the wedding. Frigga and Odin were set to return the next day, and Loki had plans to surprise them with a fully-prepared ceremony and reception, leaving he and Sigyn with only one day to plan the entire affair. So, the two had shoveled their breakfast down their throats as fast as they could, taken a few swigs of water, and darted out of the dining hall to meet with a vast string of vendors waiting to display their collection of goods for the party.

"Sigyn, what is your opinion on these?" Loki asked, holding out a large bouquet of lavenders.

"They're beautiful, but I found myself to be particularly fond of these ones here," Sigyn's response was met with her gesture towards a rather extravagant group of purple and blue roses, seeming to glow with the sunlight flowing through the nearby window. Loki's eyes widened as they digested the sight. They were wonderful.

"My love, they are perfect." Loki absorbed her returning smile, his heart then skipping a beat. He looked over to the village florist, who was standing eagerly awaiting their decision.

"Yes, I think three hundred and fifty sets of these will do. Now we just need vases. I think gold would look quite nice, don't you, Sigyn?" At first Sigyn didn't respond; she was quite busy enjoying the florist's pale face and shocked expression as he realized that the second-born prince of Asgard had just purchased three hundred and fifty sets of his roses. Loki waited patiently for her response, and she blushed as her focus returned to him.

"Oh, yes dear, sorry. I think gold would look lovely. Does the palace own gold vases?"

"Yes, I believe we do. So that finishes the centerpieces once we look at candles. Thor mentioned that the owner of a local candle shop is also present to show his stock." With this, Sigyn took Loki's hand, thanked the still-awestruck florist, and walked into the next room over.

Each vendor had been given their own room to display their goods for the couple to view. And as the day continued, Sigyn and Loki made their way from makeshift shop to makeshift shop, nearly always in agreement on their decisions. As the sun began to set, they finally reached the last station: dress attire.

"Loki, you know I love you sweet, but I forbid you to see me in my gown. Not until the day of the wedding!" Loki rolled his eyes at her tradition. This superstition was not typically put into practice anywhere other than Midgard. In fact, Loki only knew of such a thing from a Midgardian novel Sigyn had given him while he was bedridden. His knowledge of the place had tripled since he had met his bride, who rambled of the realm constantly. Never had he learned so much of another realm in such a short window of time, even on his journeys to Midgard. However, he respected her belief, giving her a quick peck on the lips before heading behind a curtain to be fitted for his own ensemble.

"Try to hold still, M'lady..." Sigyn winced as the corset pushed against her ribcage. Women of all ages and sizes scrambled around her, taking measurements of every inch of her naked form. She blushed, shifting her weight awkwardly between feet.

"Can't I just wear a dress that has already been sewn?" Sigyn asked innocently. She was quite surprised when all of the women gasped in unison, stopping their frantic work and looking up at her in a moment of stunned and horrified silence.

"Valhalla no! You are to be a princess! Your dress must be completely custom," said the woman strapping Sigyn's corset, "Now which fabric do you prefer, M'lady?' Sigyn sighed as the woman snatched up a variety of white and ivory textiles and held them in front of her.

"That one..." Sigyn selected a soft silky ivory, still annoyed by the formalities.

Meanwhile, Loki stood with just a curtain separating him from Sigyn. He was fighting a losing battle trying to contain his laughter as he listened in on Sigyn's conversation. As a prince, he was quite used to being fitted for dress attire, but he could certainly see how it could be uncomfortable if it was something new. "

Which color is more to your liking, my Prince?" A dressmaker seemingly about Loki's age asked, and he struggled to suppress a smile as he noted her expression. Her face was pinked and riddled with small beads of sweat, and she was obviously struggling to keep her eyes where they belonged. Though he was used to this sort of attention during garment fittings, he still found it to be quite humorous.

"That deep green there will be fine." Loki pretended he didn't notice her discomfort, and allowed her to turn away as soon as she could do so. He turned his focus towards his fiancee, and he spent the rest of the fitting imagining her silhouette in her gown.