Facing The Big Brothers

Ponyboy walked into the house and heard banging noises coming from the kitchen. He walked into the kitchen and saw his middle brother starting dinner.

"Sit at the table and get your homework done." Soda said, without looking at the younger boy.

"Why are you so mad at me?" Pony asked, feeling his eyes water.

Soda stopped what he was doing and took a deep breath. He turned to face the younger boy.

"You lied to me and Darry." He said. His voice was stern but calm. "More then once. Then you didn't do your homework, three times. I think I have a right to be mad."

"I'm sorry." Pony said, as a few tears ran down his face.

Soda's face softened instantly at his brother's tears. He walked over to him and wrapped him in a tight hug.

"It's okay, Pones." He said, his voice now soft and comforting. "I'm still upset and I'm still gonna give ya a spanking for lying to me. But it'll be okay."

Ponyboy, who was now clinging to his older brother, started crying a little harder at the mention of a spanking. That meant he was getting two spankings, because he knew Darry was going to skin him.

"You earned it, Kiddo." Soda said, as he hugged the younger boy tighter and softly kissed the top of his head.

"But Darry's gonna skin me too." Pony said into Soda's chest.

"I know, you lied to him too. And he's the one to punish ya for the homework and detention." Soda said, as they pulled apart.

Soda ran a hand through the younger boy's hair and said. "You broke a few big rules this time, Pones. And you've gotta get punished for it so you won't do it again."

"But I don't want two spankings." Pony sniffled.

"I know." Soda said. "I don't want to spank you, but you are my kid brother and I will not let you get away with pulling crap like this."

Pony nodded, he knew his brother was serious and that there was no changing his mind.

"Come on into the bedroom, we might as well get it done now." Soda said kindly, placing a hand on Pony's shoulder and guiding him towards the bedroom. "You can do your homework afterwards."

"Do we have to?" Pony whined. He really did not want to go into the bedroom with Soda at the moment, but he didn't put up any resistance.

"It's best to get it over and done with." Soda said, as they entered the bedroom.

Soda sat on the bed and Pony stood in front of him.

"You don't lie to me, Ponyboy." Soda said in a stern voice. "I ask you everyday if you've done all of your homework, and you told me you had everyday this week."

"I'm sorry, Soda." Pony said softly. And he meant it, he felt bad about disappointing the older boy.

"I know, Kiddo." Soda said. "But I still gotta punish you. You know the drill."

With a sniffle, Pony unbuckled his jeans and pulled them and his underwear down to his knees. Then he laid across Soda's lap.

"Why are you here?" Soda asked.

"I lied to you about not having homework." Pony answered.

"Lying to me will always land you ass up over my knees." Soda said, bringing his hand down hard across Pony's butt.