Episode 1

THERE ARE THREE WAYS TO SURVIVE THE APOCALYPSE. EVERYTHING IS FADING AND
BECOMING UNCLEAR NOW. BUT ONE THING IS CERTAIN. IF YOU'RE READING THIS, YOU WILL SURVIVE.

- THE END -

[THREE WAYS TO SURVIVE THE APOCALYPSE - FINAL EPISODE]
TLS123

"Huh?"

NOTICE: THIS IS THE LAST EPISODE.

I swipe frantically back and forth on my phone screen. The small page of text stays the same and there's nothing else to be revealed. This web novel I've been reading for so long... ends like this? "Really? Is that it?"

There's the rattling of the subway train I'm in, but I can only stare up from my phone in shock. It doesn't make sense.

"I'm Dokja."

*Dokja can mean only child, reader, or individualist in Korean*

This is how I introduce myself to others. And nine times out of ten, people misunderstand me.

*"Oh, so you're an only child?"

"Well, yes, but that's not what I meant."

"Oh... then what did you mean... ?"

"It's my name. Dokja Kim."*

My father gave me that name because he wanted me to grow up to be a strong and independent person.

But perhaps my name is a curse... because I've been lonely and single my entire life.

This is who I am in a nutshell.

[ DOKJA KIM (28)
Graduated from a third-rate college and currently employed as a contracter at a subsidiary of a large corporation. ]

My hobby is reading serialised web novels on the subway...

...on my way home from work.

But today's subway ride was unlike any other.

"Oh, my. At this rate, you might get sucked into your phone."

A pretty woman with light brown hair and the sweetest gleam in her brown eyes steps forwards to peer down at Dokja, smiling kindly.

"Sangah Yu from HR!?" A drop of sweat rolls down from my temple. "H-hello."

"Are you heading home?"

"Yes, you too?"

"Yes, I got lucky. My team manager is away on a business trip." Sangah smiles sweetly and begins to take a seat beside me. I try not to flinch away, but it happens anyway. Her hair poofs and I get a waft of her scent. "Her shampoo smells really nice..."

I can't believe I ran into Sangah, the most popular girl at work.

"Do you usually take the subway home?"

She glances at me, a bit hesitant, and sighs softly. "Actually, someone stole my bicycle."

I blink at her in surprise. "You commute to work on a bike?"

"Yes. I've been working a lot of overtime lately, so I thought I could use the exercise. And I have some personal reasons too..." Sangah smiles at me, so friendly it makes me sweat nervously.

"Seeing her up close, I get why all the guys are head over heels for her."

Well, none of that concerns me. She and I live completely different lives.