Chapter 4

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I lifted my woolen blanket further over my head in an attempt to block out the noise, but to my dismay, the knocking only got faster and louder.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Ugh, what is it?!" I shouted as I sat up, my black and pink locks falling over my shoulders.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Literally, what do you want at this time in the night?!" I yelled, getting up and inching my way over to the door. As I pulled it open, I was met with a familiar red-haired girl standing outside my hotel room.

"Hyein, what do you want? It's 11 PM. I was asleep," I asked her as I began to rub the sleep out of my eyes.

"Well, if you let me in, I'd tell you," she replied.

"Aww, did you have a nightmare and need me to comfort you?" I asked, teasing her. She had appeared in matching purple pajama set and a bunny plushie that was tucked under her arm, making her look 5.

"What, no! And I'm not the one in pink pajamas, " She snapped back. I looked down at my pink pajamas, I mean, she had a point, not that I was going to let her know that.

"Whatever, just come in." I moved to the side, letting her in.

"Okay, so I have an idea," she said, her back facing me as she stared at the sparkling city lights below. I hummed in response, and she continued.

<<<>>>

"Absolutely not," I said firmly at the ridiculous idea she proposed.

"What! Why?" She asked abruptly, turning around to face me. Her idea was ridiculous, and she herself knew that.

"Hyein, it's 11 PM!"

"Exactly, I'm bored, come let's go,"

"No, Hyein, we promised the others that we would go to Disneyland together. They haven't arrived in LA yet. We can't go without them."

"Who said we are going to Disneyland? There are other theme-parks here, you know," she said with great enthusiasm in her voice.

"I'm still not going," I said, still not agreeing with her.

"Come on, Yeji, all you do is sleep all day,

"Yeah, I need my beauty sleep," I said, flicking my hair.

"Fine, don't come, but I'm going alone," she said, sticking her tongue out at me. That girl is full of sass, I tell you. I was gonna let her leave, but a realization struck me. She was only 15, and there was no way on earth that I was letting her go out alone at 12 AM. No matter how much I fretted leaving the hotel room, I knew she got me. That sly idiot or I guess I'm the idiot here.

"UGHHH, fine, I'm coming,"

"EKKKK YAY!" She squealed, jumping up and down, "Also take a shower. You look like a dead zombie, " she added.

"Aren't zombies already dead?" I said, puzzled as she walked out of the room.

"Oh, and wear something warm!" She yelled, I sighed deeply and faceplanted into the white sheets. The clicking of the door indicated that I was once again alone in the room. It was tempting to stay under the warm covers and continue sleeping, but I hoisted myself up and opened my suitcase in search of an outfit.