Chapter 20: Pirate Family

Rose leads Harry into the medical part of the school, chuckling nervously as Harry keeps asking her why they're there. Rose didn't know how to tell Harry that she's carrying his baby, and she's afraid of how he'll react. She knows that he loves her and will raise the kid with her, but she also knows that they're younger than they expected to be.

"Rose, you're starting to worry me. Why are we here, lassie?" Harry asks her again, this time stopping in the middle of one of the halls. This forces Rose to stop as she turns around to face him. Chewing on her lip, Rose takes the picture out of her back pocket and hands it to him.

Harry studies the picture for a few minutes, long enough to make Rose feel like she's going to combust, before he looks up at her with wide eyes. When she brought him here, this isn't exactly what he had going through his mind. He'd thought she felt off or sick after being hit by the magic scepter, but now he realizes it's to find out if the baby survived.

Harry finds himself worrying about that because he wants to take care of her and the baby. He expected to be married to her first, but if there's one thing that they both hate, it's doing everything the normal way. Doing it all backwards makes it more their style, so they're both happy about the baby. That is, if the baby made it.

Rose walks into the doctor's office she'd been going to since she first found out and smiles brightly at the doctor. The doctor had been one of the people turned to stone and has heard about everything that had happened. She knew that they would both be worried about the baby, so she gets right to checking on it.

Rose explains who Harry is, and the doctor's happy to finally be meeting the father. She never expected to meet him since he is a villain's kid. Rose lays back on the bed and lifts up her shirt, letting the doctor squirt the gel onto her belly. The doctor puts the echo device on Rose's stomach and starts to look around for the baby, soon finding the small thing alive and healthy.

"Well, what's the verdict, doc?" Rose asks nervously, trying her hardest to keep herself from fidgeting.

"It's all just fine. The scepters spell did nothing to hurt the baby." The doctor tells Rose and Harry, and the couple smiles brightly at each other. The doctor runs a few more tests and checkups, and the baby is healthy.

After being reassured several times, Harry and Rose leave the medical area and head towards the limo that will take them to the Isle.

"That's why I was so angry." Rose says as they walk, and Harry grabs her hand. He didn't think he'd ever get the chance at happiness or to even have a family of his own. His own little pirate family.

"Why didn't you tell your brother? I'm sure he would've sent you back to the Isle." Harry looks at Rose, who sighs as he eyes start to water.

"I wanted to tell everyone, but after how they reacted to me being with you...I could only imagine how bad it would be if they knew I'm carrying your baby." Rose says as they head outside towards the limo.

"Marry me." Harry says and Rose sputters and nearly falls down the stairs. Harry catches her arm to keep her from falling as she looks up at Harry in shock and awe.

"What?" Rose asks, her eyes lighting up as she smiles. "Really? You're serious?"

"Yes. Marry me, Rose." Harry picks her up and spins her around carefully on the stairs. "Uma is a Pirate Captain, and by pirate law, she could marry us."

"Yes!! Of course, I'll marry you." Rose squeals as she kisses Harry with everything she has, and he kisses her back with the same love and happiness. Rose grabs Harry's hand and the race to the limo. Hades looks at the young couple and shakes his head as he lets a small smile cover his face.