FIVE

November 8th

So. Recap of what just happened I guess......I arrive at the apartment, answer a message about my mission, search for what I need, I get caught, had to kill 3 people. Ah that poor family.....not my problem honestly, and NOW I'm left without a place to stay until I can complete my mission.

"I apologize on behalf of the school for your situation. We're sorry to hear about the family....We have tried contacting them but it is no use. You say they just left? Without telling you?" The principal asked.

I nodded. "Mhm. Just left. I have no idea what happened, I just came home from laser tag one day and they're gone" I looked down as I pretended to cry. "OH BUT THEY DID LEAVE A NOTE!" I instantly perked up handing a note that STRIX gave me.

He read the note, "We are terribly sorry for leaving so soon. We will not be back. We had an emergency and went off the grid.....Clarice Martinez.......huh....." there was a loud silence for a while.

I just sat there in my thoughts. 'Don't be suspicious....don't be suspicious....don't be suspicious....' Echoed through my mind.

"We don't have very many options as most of the Exchange student homes are of course already full.....I'm sure we could-"

"Mr. Morita!! Flash almost exploded the science lab again." Peter ran into the room panting.

Principal Morita sighed. "Again?"

Peter just nodded before noticing that I had all my bags with me. "What happened?" He asked motioning to my bags.

"Oh umm....well the Martinez's moved far away and just left last night without telling me so they kinda kicked me out and left my bags outside the door....." I sighed looking down. YES!! NOBODY SUSPECTS I KILLED THEM!!!

"Oh...man I'm really sorry about that. Do you need a place to stay?"

YES!!

"No no I couldn't possibly do that to you and your Aunt." I shook my head.

Peter chuckled a bit. "Oh no you wont be staying with me, I have some friends I can call that have plenty of room. They'll love you!!"

Friends? Who friends? What friends? Huh?

ⴵ⧗ⴵ⧗ⴵ

Peter's POV
I paced down the hall while everyone was in class. "Come on Happy....pick up pick up....."

Considering the fact that I just offered Natalia a place to stay without even asking if she could stay there?

I'd say I'm pretty fucked.....

There was a loud sigh on the other side of the phone. "Yes. Peter?"

"HAPPY!!! OH THANK GOD YOU PICKED UP!! OKAY I NEED YOU TO ASK MR. STARK IF A FOREIGN EXCHANGE STUDENT CAN STAY AT THE COMPOUND." I panicked.

"Slow down slow down, you want me to ask if a foreign exchange student we've never met and we don't know where they came from....to stay at the AVENGERS...COMPOUND!?" He said the last part loudly.

"....Yes...."

"I'll see what I can do." He gritted through his teeth before hanging up.

"Yes!!" I cheered quietly.

I ran down the hall to find Natalia who was sitting alone in the empty lunch room.

I saw her put something away but I wasn't fast enough to make out what it was.

"Hey, I found a place for you to stay. We can go there after school, I've got a driver coming to pick us up." I smiled at her.

Her face lit up. "Really!! Oh my gosh thank you so much!!" She got up from her seat and hugged me.

I hugged her back. It made me so happy to see she was happy....I think that's the first genuine smile I've seen this whole time. You know she was really freakin scary yesterday at Laser tag but you know what, she's a big softie I know it!!

ⴵ⧗ⴵ⧗ⴵ

Y/N POV

Can I let go now. Can I please let go of this hug and stop smiling. PLEASE.

Peter pulled away from the hug. "You can leave your bags in Mr. Morita's office then we can get to class." He said while picking up my bag with all the explosives, guns and gear. Dangerous stuff to put it simply.

"N-NO!!! NO. I've got this bag" I snatched the bag from him and threw it over my shoulder.

"Nonsense, it's the heaviest bag I've got it." he insisted.

I pulled it further away and closer to me. "No. You can carry the others. But I've got this one." I said sternly before walking away.

Absolutely NOBODY can touch this bag, especially open it by accident.

We walked back to the principals office and dropped off my bags except this one, I kept this one close by as I didn't have anywhere to hide it.

The day went by pretty fast, probably because I spent half of it skipping classes trying to figure out where I would stay.

Peter, Ned, and MJ all took a bag and helped me outside where there was a long stretch car waiting.

"Woah...." My jaw dropped. Not like I haven't seen it before but the fact that I was about to RIDE IN ONE!?

"Damn!!" Ned said shocked. "Where the hell are you staying?! The White House?!"

I stopped in my tracks. Wait....I mean that would be GREAT!!! I could skip all of this and go straight to the head of the government!!! I gotta tell STRIX about this.

"No she's not" Peter just chuckled while shutting the trunk with my bags. "I spoke with Mr. Stark and he said she can stay at the Avengers compound."

My jaw dropped even more. THE AVENGERS' HOUSE!? THIS IS CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE WHITE HOUSE!!! PETER LED ME STRAIGHT TO THEM THIS IS GREAT!!

I composed myself before stepping into the car as Peter shut the door for me, then got in himself.

"So I'm staying at the Avengers Compound?" I said curiously as the driver started driving off.

He nodded. "I pulled some strings and they said that was fine, u-unless you don't want to stay there!!! I know you may not like them very much after what happened in Sokovia a while back...."

I furrowed my eyebrows confused. "Sokovia...? OH!!! Oh yeah....it's alright it wasn't their fault" I shrugged and smiled.

It was definitely their fault.

My face dropped as I turned to the window. I...hate...smiling....

Ew...