Different Places

Kinjal POV
"Ting,ting, ting". Kinjal sat in the taxi as the rain washed down on the windows next to her. She sat looking out at the city's tall buildings wondering what the lights in the small rooms must be doing. She had just dropped off her friend Kavita at the airport and was on her way back home. Kavita was an attorney and while she lived in the next city over she would come to Ahmedabad often as she was handling Kinjal and Paritosh's divorce case. Kinjal had decided to divorce Paritosh, while it was a difficult decision to make, Kinjal finally realized she had to live for herself and her daughter first and only then could she care for others. The Shah family meant a lot to her but she couldn't keep giving them everything if she had nothing left. Samar and Dimpy were married and that made things even worse, Dimpy's temperament was hard to get along with and the entire family situation didn't help with Toshu constantly nagging her for another child. Toshu for some reason felt having another child was a sure shot solution for their wedding to turn successful. It blew Kinjals mind that while she couldn't even stand his touch he wished for another child. A child was a result of a successful relationship between two people not the other way around, honestly Kinjal didn't feel comfortable or safe around Toshu anymore and was the driving force behind her decision. Kinjal had decided she wouldn't keep her baby away from the Shah family or Toshu but will keep custody of her child. Kinjal was lost in her thoughts still looking out into the rain when her eyes caught a young man with his back to her. He was standing in the drenched in the pouring rain as he beat up another guy on the streets. The man he was beating tried to break free but the young man held him in place by holding his collar. The man tried to push him away but the young man was too strong for him, the young man continued screaming pointing at the pushcart next to them and starting slapping and hitting the man again. Kinjal got nervous and contemplated calling the cops, this man was beating the other guy in the middle of the street. Her taxi started to move again and Kinjal took a quick photo and video from her phone. Now as the taxi moved the video caught the young man's face slowly, his dark suit matched his dark hair that fell on his face, he pushed the man away as he reached for his phone inside his suit coat, he used his other hand to move his wet hair away from his face. He had a handsome chiseled face with a sharp jawline  and eyes that melt ice. Kinjal scrunched in thought, she felt like she had seen him somewhere but where she wondered. As the taxi drove away Kinjal sat thinking about the young man and what she had just witnessed. He seemed like a wealthy guy and she would never let him get away beating a poor man. Kinjal decided to file a police complaint and submit her evidence.

"Your home" said Kinjals mother as she walked into her apartment. Kinjal bought her own apartment as she didn't want to live with her mother. She purchased a posh penthouse in the city's elite area. She didn't purchase the apartment for the wealth that it exuded but for the quite and safety that came with it. Her apartment only had two apartments in every floor with a private elevator for each floor. Only those that lived in the apartment or someone you gave accesses to could enter the apartment. The general lobby itself had security downstairs and no stranger could linger. Kinjal wanted to live away from her past and Toshu, she didn't want to live somewhere he could come. The apartments security even insured noone was aware of what apartment was owned by who. The building was brand new, it was just built and Kinjal didn't even know who owned the other apartment, it was empty ever since she had moved in about 5 months ago. She didn't mind however, she like the quite peace it brought and when she had her baby sleeping in her arms with no sound but the traffic several floors down around her she felt like all the money she put into the apartment was worth it. Kinjal wasn't materialistic but this was by far the most expensive purchase she made so times like these helped justify her purchase. Her mother was elated with everything. She was happy Kinjal decided to leave Toshu and the home and bought her own place. While she would've liked for Kinjal to live with her she was equally happy for her buying a place of her own. Her mother was there with Pari, now that Kinjal worked full time at her mothers coaching center her mother had mostly retired, attending a few meetings here and there. While Kinjal still her advice for major decisions, Kinjal handled day to day tasks. Her mother was impressed with Kinjals business abilities and was proud of her taking on the family business. Her mother spent more time with Pari and was more than happy to keep her. Her mother relived all her motherly wishes she couldn't when Kinjal was a baby as she was too busy in her work. Kinjal still made her baby her priority but seeing her mother so happy with Pari she allowed her to take Pari with her when she wanted.
"I'm sorry I had to stop at the police department on my way back home" said Kinjal. "Police"her mother asked, concern clearly showing in her tone. Kinjal explained the situation before sitting down tiredly with Pari. The rest of the evening both the mothers sat with their daughters and had a nice dinner with just the three of them. As the night gave way, so did the stars and as Kinjal lay in her bed she couldn't stop thinking about the face she saw earlier. She wondered how someone who looked so calm could be so ruthless in beating up someone. She shaked her head as she closed her eyes before falling into a peaceful nights sleep.

Authors Note: Apologies everyone, I changed the main leads name the old name was too similar to Vanraj and that's the last thing I wanted. Plus the new name will help carve a better character graph so please stay tuned. Thank you.