Chapter 4: Welcome to Freddy's!

" - Finally you are here! Ryan exclaims.

- It takes a longer time to get here when you don't live nearby, Cyril replies.

- Where's the brat, Gavroche?

- I let him where we were before, in a park. He knows how to take care of himself anyway.

- What a responsible brother...

- Oh, come on, [Y/n], you know I wouldn't have left him behind if something wrong could happen to him.

- I was just teasing you, don't worry.

- Are we going to chat outside or finally get inside?!

- Sure thing, bro. Let's go, guys!"

In the end, the five of you enter the Mega Pizzaplex.

As soon as you step inside, you are abruptly welcomed by a S.T.A.F.F. bot.

" - Hello! Please indicate how many you are.

- Five people.

- Please indicate the number of minors.

- Four people (let's assume you're like 16-17)."

Indeed, Ryan was the only grown-up of the band, being 20 years old while your other friends are 17.

"Please follow my colleague to the locker room where you can place your stuff. We do not cover lost or damaged accessories."

Another bot waves at you, directing you to follow him. You are guided towards the locker room and decide to share a single locker as you didn't bring anything but a little bag and a light cardigan in case you were eventually cold. After placing your stuff in the locker, Cyril takes the key, assuming the responsibility of the group's props.

" - Where should we start? You ask.

- The prize counter is right in front of us, I think, Gavroche highlights.

- Can't we have a map?" Ryan wonders.

Suddenly, you bump into a young brown-haired man with huge round glasses carrying papers, causing him to fall to the ground.

" - Oh my gosh! I'm truly sorry! Are you okay?

- Yes, I'm fine, don't worry." The young man says, gathering his sheets of paper.

He looks at the five of you.

" - Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex! I'm Frederic, one of the S.T.A.F.F. members who has to give maps of the place to customers.

- Nice to meet you, Frederic.

- May I ask your names so I can register you?

- Is that necessary?

- Yes, because if you get out of the pizzeria and decide to get back the same day, you'll have to pay to come back in again.

- Oh, okay. The name's Keller XXXXXX, Ryan says.

- Mine's Cyril XXXXX

- Gavroche XX XXXXXXX

- Eloïc XXXXXXX

- [Y/n] [L/n].

- Alright, thank you. I hope you'll enjoy your day at Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex. If you have any questions, you can ask either me or one of the other S.T.A.F.F. members around. Have a nice day.

- Thank you Frederic, have a nice day too!"

After each was given a map, you decide to start with the Fazcade.

The Fazcade is a huge area having spiral staircases, 3 japanese-styled karaoke rooms and, of course, many arcade games. You all start competiting over the famous Space Invaders arcade game, created in 1978, where you control a spaceship and have to shoot at aliens without getting destroyed. Each of you plays a round and Gavroche wins the game.

" - No one can defeat me at arcade games, guys.

- Yeah, sure thing, we'll see that with the next one."

Donkey Kong, created in 1981, is simple: four platforms separate Mario and Donkey Kong. You have to ensure that the plumber reaches the gorilla without getting hit by the barrels he is throwing at you. Even though the game seems to have a certain pattern, it's still difficult to reach the monkey. Cyril nails it.

" - See? You shouldn't have underestimated me, Gavroche.

- Yeah, sure.

- As a gorilla yourself, your victory is just obvious, Eloïc adds sarcasticaly.

- I've never heard you saying that one, dude, Cyril replies.

- Remember what they say: "Many curls lead to baldness". Unless you become Jesus and get crucified at 33 years old.

- Finally something I hear every single day!" He chuckles.

The next arcade is the very popular Pac-Man, created in 1980. Do I have to explain how this game works? I don't think so. Anyway, the winner is... Ryan!

" - This is my childhood for real! He exclaims.

- You're literally born in 2003.

- It's my childhood anyway."

Frogger, created in 1981, can be compared to Crossy Road: you're controlling a frog who has to cross many roads with a lot of vehicles driving on them. Your goal: getting to the other side without getting run over by one of them. Eloïc wins the game. He simply smirks in a bragging way and readjust his glasses on his nose.

Time for the last arcade game.

Galaga, created in 1981, is like a double Space Invaders: you're still in space trying to shoot at aliens without getting destroyed, but this time you're controlling two spaceships instead of one. Even though it's harder than the first game, you manage to win hands down.

" - That's incredible! You won this time even though it was harder than the first game!

- Good job, sis/bro/sibling!

- Thanks guys."

You feel proud to show them that you can beat them at some games.

You hear a kid's laugh and turn around, but it seems like there are no kids in sight. You feel like you are not alone. Of course, the arcade room is crowded, but something feels... strange...