All Se7en

For the last 7 years, I haven't really said much about any of those days, whether it be his Born Day or his Remembrance Day. I always feel my words will never be enough to express exactly what that man has given me as a human. This year marked the 7th year without him and how much our world has changed, I'm not even sure he would want to know. Lord knows I wake up every morning wondering what timeline we accidently slipped into. Still, my mind always goes back to him...

  Still, my mind always goes back to him

I came again across this post by Erykah Badu, and it reminded me of all those small moments in my life where Prince was a part of it. Though very small in nature, those moments have always been there since I was a little girl. He so much is that thread woven through my life, and I remember the first moment I saw him... the eyes, the sparkly purple coat, literally love at first sight for a 4 yr old... and still to this day. He is a part of my life, a part of the fabric that makes up who I am. He was always there... until he wasn't. But then, in his absence, that want and need for him to still be a part never went away... and though physically he isn't with us anymore, he still became a part of who we are, who we want to become. We find him in stories, through friendships, through events and moments that become memories. He's still reaching all of us, through art, through love, through community. He's been here all our lives... and will forever be in our cells.

Seven has always been an important number, a lucky or holy number. The mythology runs deep within numerology, across various religions, and of course, this number within the Prince world. It is also my favorite number and one of my favorite Prince songs. So, I thought it would be the year to visit Paisley Park. My dream was Celebration, and that definitely did not happen. Maybe one year when my bank account agrees with them. But I was lucky enough to actually plan a short trip, barely 3 days... but it seems like just enough. So hopefully, by the time this is posted, I will be walking those halls on 7/7/2023... or 7. It seemed perfect, and I hope it will be.