🐚✨disappointment

ka'la pov

water is all i can see. my family and i have been flying for days after our contact with the sky people. I hate the sky people. i don't want to leave my home but we are and we would have to at some point if we didn't go now. thoughts of my home and grandmother filled my mind. the sound of a horn pulled me from my thoughts as we landed on the sand. I watched as mom, dad, and tuk slid off their ikran. the people gather on the beach gossiping. whispers flooded the crowd as i shared a glance with my sibling sliding off my ikran.

"on me." i was walking beside neteyam looking around. it was beautiful the waves were calming. i looked towards mom as tuk clung to her. "be nice." rolling my eyes deciding to play nice for the time being.

i must have zoned out cause lo'ak slapped me with his tail. "ow shithead." i mumbled flicking his forehead. i looked up to see a woman making her way through the crowd. glancing over at her i noticed she was tshaik. "why do you come to us jake sully?" the man asked his body facing his mate as he spoke. "we seek uturu." dad spoke open his arms. "uturu?" tshaik questioned as she walked forward. "yes sanctuary for my family." he turned to her before looking back at us. "we are reef people...you are forest people."

i watched as the tshaik walked towards us drowning out the conversation dad was having. i watched as she grabbed moms tail then grabbed tuk's arm. "their arms are thin." she spoke before turning to me grabbing my tail. "their tails are weak. you will be slow in the water." i held eye contact as she grabbed my hands looking at them. "these children aren't true na'vi." i hissed. "My moms are na'vi." she removed her hands. "ka'la." dad warned as she moved on to lo'ak grabbing his hands. "they have demon blood." taking the scythe from my back pushing lo'ak down as i hovered over him ears down eyes on the tshaik.

"ka'la! ronal look! look i was born of the sky people and now i am na'vi. all right? you can adapt. we will adapt." he spoke giving me a look. mom pushed Tuk to me as she spoke. "my husband had led the clans to victory against the sky people." her head raised. "this is what you call victory? hiding among strangers. It seems ewya has turned her back on you. chosen one." she spoke.

it was a hissing match. i felt a tug on my hand so i leaned down and hugged Tuk. "it's going to be okay." placing a kiss on her temple. turning my head back to dad and mom as they stepped back waiting for an answer. "we'll give uturu in the terms of our customs," ronal spoke. "we need a tshaik for the future olo'eyktan." not even missing a beat the words left his mouth.

"i offer my eldest daughter ka'la she's almost finished her training back home with her grandmother." my ears dropped and tears pricked my eyes. i was angry and felt betrayed.

"come," ronal spoke looking towards me I approach looking at her. "you will follow me to your mauri. my daughter tsireya and son ao'nung will show you to yours." ronal spoke she pulled me through the crowd away from everyone. the tears had long rolled down my face.

"ka'la was it?" she had broken the silence glancing at me. "yes, ronal." i nodded wiping my tears and looking up at her. I listened. "this is your mauri. tsireya will be by to get you fitted for new clothes and you have training with my son in the morning." i nodded my head. "thank you for letting us stay." my voice was small as i walked past her into the mauri. It was beautiful shells along the skylight the sun casted a light as i turned to the left and entered the pod and sat down pulling my knees to my chest.

i must have sat in the room for a while as i felt someone's presence entering the room. "ka'la." i looked up to see dad and who i assumed to be ronal's daughter. He turned to her and she nodded stepping out of the room.

"yes sir." I stood avoiding his eyes but caught him flinching at the name. "ka'la you have to understand this is for the best." i put my hand up stopping him. "it's what's best for you. did you even thinking about asking me?" i finally made eye contact with him.

"no because it was for the good of this family. you were practicing to be tshaik with mo'at. you were the only one." i scoffed. "you used me not even thinking how i would feel. i don't even want to mate to her son. i don't know him." my ear were down and my chest heaved with anger. "you will know him. you will mate with him to keep us safe. i'm disappointed in you daughter." my eyes watered but i quickly blinked it away.

"i will never be good enough for you. You don't even know me dad." i whispered out i could see tsireya and ronal appeared in the doorway. "i do know you. you are reckless and a trouble maker. i don't know why neytiri took you in. you can't keep our family safe you aren't a sully." his fangs were bared as a sob racked through my body arms wrapped around me. "jake sully i think it's best you leave." the sound of footsteps leaving let me know he was gone but it still hurt knowing he didn't even want me.

"poor child. it's best you stay at our mauri i don't want him to keep bothering you." i couldn't even speak i just cling to her as  she picked me up. "you are to light girl you must eat." my eyes had fallen shut and my body went limp. no thoughts clouded my mind as the thumps from walking lulled me even farther to sleep.

⋆。𖦹 °.🐚⋆❀˖°
Hey this is the beginning. I wanted to incorporate ronal admiring and taking a liking to Ka'la. I'll correct my mistakes later.
-Z