Chapter 1

Summer.

Summer was the only thing I thought about. Being in cousins beach with Grayson. Or midnight surf trips.
That was pure joy for me.
Even sunset songwriting sessions were better than being "home"
Because cousins were my home, not Boston.
Cousins was the only time I could be social without my parents.
Homeschooling really sucks like I can't do anything without my parents watching me.
I counted down the days till I saw cousins again, Today was the day

••••Livi's POV•••••

" Liv hurry up packing, we are leaving," I hear being screamed into the hallways
"Coming," I shout, throwing an oversized shirt into the suitcase before shutting it closed. I ran to unplug my airpods and grab the charger. Heading towards the black jeep, my parents brought me. Throwing the suitcase into the trunk, noticing it was empty.

"Hey, where are you're guy's stuff ?" I ask my parents

"That's the thing liv actually your going to cousins today, we are not"

"Huh? You all are confusing me. What?"

"Me and your father have a work trip for three weeks. We both decided to send you off by yourself to cousins, meaning you get to drive yourself and stay in the house yourself. Comprehend?"

"WHAT? Can't you just miss the trip?"

"Unfortunately, no honey, but here's the keys to the house, okay?" My mom answers before giving me the keys. The keys had a keychain spelling out cousins beach. I remember hearing the stories of how they got that keychain. It was when my mother was pregnant with 6 that my father had surprised her with a baby moon to Cousins Beach. When they were coming back to Boston, my mother had brought a beach house in cousins as soon as possible, not letting my father know till his birthday, which was a month after. They then both went back to cousins and brought the keychain to represent the moment.

"Are u being for real?" I ask practically squealing, grabbing the keys and doing a small little shimmy. Earning a laugh from both my parents.

"Yes, now hurry up before we change our minds,"

"Aahh," I yell out before running to the drivers side and slipping in. Turning on the car

"Remember, please be responsible and send us hourly text as soon as possible. Also, let us know when you hang out with Grayson. Clean the house as well and don't do dumb stuff."

"Right, of course, mom. No dumb stuff, hourly messages, and updates on hangouts. Got it!"

"Also, no boys in the house except Grayson," my dad says

"Yup got it,"

"Have fun dear, see you in a few weeks," my mom says before backing up from the window, allowing me to drive off. The last thing they heard was a goodbye before I drove off.

••••••3 hours later•••••
I had stopped at the gas station to use the bathroom and buy a couple of snacks. Before leaving the car, I had texted my parents as promised and letting Grayson know what was happening.
I walk out of the car, running inside the store, grabbing my favorites :M&M, sourpatch kids, salt and vinegar chips, hot cheetos, and a Gatorade.
'A little of everything'
I walk up to the checkout
"Hey, are you new here?" The cashier asked
"No, I'm not. I visit every summer,"
"Well, I haven't seen your pretty face around before. I'm Daniel. "
"I'm Liv," I say awkwardly
"So Liv, are you going to the bonfire?"
"Uh yeah, with my friend Grayson,"
"Wait, Grayson Mack,"
"Yup, the one and only"
"Tell him I said whatsup."
"Will do," I say, trying to get out of the conversation. Quickly paying and walking out.
"See you later," Daniel says as I walk out. Once I settle in the car, I call Grayson so he can keep me company as I drive the last 3 hours over.
I met Grayson when I was a baby. His parents moved to cousins when we were both 1. Our parents quickly became friends after a few interactions. Grayson lived right next to me. Me and him practically grow up with each other. Grayson always gave me presents on July 8th, my birthday, and me shipping him items on his birthday, November 7th. We were there for each other no matter what. We only ever had a couple of arguments, but that just got us closer. We both developed a love for song and songwriting. Our parents joke we both are gonna write a song and be very successful. Which we both always dream about.
On the other side of me lived the Fishers and Conklins. They moved before us going to cousins. Also, summer residents only. My parents never really got along with them, only small interactions. I only got close with Susannah as she helped me and Grayson with songwriting. Inspiring us. She always tried to make us be friends with her kids, Conrad and Jeremiah. Yet me and Grayson were never really fond, so we always made excuses. Never interacting with any one of them except Susannah.