Braided🖇️Bonds

Buzz buzz

Miles<3: yo ma I'll be back soon

Miles<3: I'll be there In 1 hour or so, voy a hacer una diligencia primero (Ima run errands first)
>Delivered

(Y/N) wasn't even half way done with her hair, moving around the groups of hair she separated earlier that day and making her way to the charging table stoping mid braid to read the notification sent by her lovely hothead.

"Oka amor I'll see you later" she mentally responded to miles, while leaving him on seen, she left her phone on the table as she went back to her previous spot in the middle of her room to continue her hair, while also turning and connecting her speaker blasting her playlist.

Miles on the other hand, eagerly waiting for a response is now confused, "seen..?" He mumbled getting ready to send another text.

Miles<3: ma, you leaving me on seen now?

Another buzz hit (Y/N) phone, being drowned out by the music. (Y/N) humming as her body moved to the rhythm of the song her technique getting faster as she was finally done with her 4th knee length braid.

Getting no reply, miles getting a little frustrated, pays the man at the front and leaves the bodega, setting his stuff down in a compartment in his motorcycle then pulling his keys out of his pocket while inserting it into the ignition.

Miles already far from the block as the man from the bodega runs out of the store almost cartoonish yelling miles forgot his change.

(Y/N) still in her room in front of her big mirror looking at the progress made so far.
"4 rows estimated 12 braids" taking a mental note (Y/N) parts her hair in preparation for the 5th row.

This action seemingly stops as she hears a motorcycle overpowering the volume of her music which is already almost up to max. She thinks nothing of it as she takes a section of hair that was neatly grouped and started tucking and braiding.

Miles going up the stairs, skipping two at a time keeping count. His thoughts all jumbling into one.."does she have someone over? Is she cheating? Nu-uh she wouldn't. Is she doing this cause I forgot an important date?" All of these questions seemingly not finding a rational explanation.

Miles made it to the 4th floor taking out the key ring and looked for the spare (Y/N) gave them during new year's, fumbling to line it up with the lock he enter the apartment.

Eyes scanning for his lover as well as somebody else. Finally getting to (Y/N)'a room, door slightly ajar. He finds himself staring at (Y/N).

Her beautiful glowing skin, which was illuminated by the sunset lamp miles had gotten her as one of the many presents for her birthday.

Taking and stepping into to more of the room Miles noticed her hair, and groups of hair surrounding his girlfriend as well as the products

"Mami?" miles says softly as he reaches over to where the speaker was perched to stop it from playing.

(Y/N) jumps startled, eyes widened by who was at her door stopping mid braid to do a soft run and jump onto miles. Miles catching her with ease

"Hi baby" (Y/N) says hugging him tighter
"I thought you were coming later I haven't seen you in a minute"

"You would've known if you read the message right and responded" Miles rolls his eyes as he takes in her scent having missed her while he was away (on prowler duties).

"But I did respond..?" (Y/N) cocks her head the side getting off of miles while grabbing the braid she started to finish

"Nu-uh ma you didn't.." miles walks to the chair next to her vanity and plops onto the seat, just before the sections of hair. "But I see why" he chuckles

"Need help?" Miles says as he grabs (Y/N) by her waist inviting her to sit down on his lap.

"Do you even know how to??" (Y/N) raises an eyebrow as she stares at miles twin braids

"Who do you think braids my hair when mami is deep in her work" he reciprocated the raise eyebrow that his girlfriend gave him.

"Fair point" (Y/N) signals to her hair as the sections are already sectioned and giving a group of hair to miles but not before setting a base for him.
———————————————————————

Miles focused on each movement, his heart swelling with the joy of being able to participate in this intimate act of care. As he weaved the strands together, he marveled at the texture and beauty of (Y/N)'s hair

Minutes turned into hours as they laughed, shared stories, and bonded over the shared experience.

Once the braid was complete, they admired their handiwork in the mirror. Miles couldn't help but feel a sense of accomplishment

As they sat side by side, their fingers interlaced, they cherished the moment—a memory etched into their hearts forever. Miles G. had learned more than just how to braid hair; he had discovered the profound significance of taking the time to understand and support the person he loved.

In that quiet embrace, Miles G. and (Y/N) found solace and joy, basking in the beauty of their shared experiences. With a newfound skill and a strengthened bond, they were ready to face the world together, united in their love and understanding.