Chapter 18, The Memory

It was the next day. I couldn't keep the memory inside anymore. I had to tell Chuck as well as everyone else. I told Alby to call a meeting seeing as I longed to discuss this.

Everyone arrived and gave me confused looks when they saw me standing up. I was the only one on my feet.

"Should she even be standing up there?" I heard someone ask.

I dropped my head a bit. Alby looked up and said,

"Silence," he looked at me, "Go ahead y/n."

Everyone looked at me.

"I would like to address something that happened to me when I went through the accident."

"The accident", that's what everyone was calling it. No one knew what label to put on it.

"This only concerns me and one other person," I said, "But I felt everyone should know."

All eyes were on me. I felt myself getting hot. I looked at Newt for comfort. He gave me a small smile and nodded his head.

"I had a memory when I was knocked out." I heard gasps and whispers.

I continued,

"I um- well it was a memory containing me and Chuck. We were way younger and we were waking around a yard. We um- we were having this conversation and it came out that, well-" I paused.

You know, saying that someone was your brother wasn't easy. Especially when none of you had any recollection of your life before the glade.

"Well, me and Chuck are siblings. He's my younger brother." I spit it out.

More gasps and whispers emerged. I looked at Chuck. His eyes were widened as if in shock. I felt I also had the same expression.