𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Preparing for war (S4, Ep 8-9)

Preparing for war
(S4, Ep 8-9)

We drove to a secluded part where exactly I couldn't tell you. I watched with a smile as Eddie and Dustin had a play fight with Steve and robin.

"You know what doesn't make sense," Steve started as robin looked at him confused, "What doesn't make sense?"

"That was Dan Shelter. He graduated, like, two years ago."

"So...?"

"So he's in college which means he was visiting on spring break. Fast times was returned, like, I don't know a week ago?" Steve held the bottle for Robin steady as she poured the fluid in, "Unless she's got some horndog brother we don't know about. Which is possible."

"Or she's in the closet." I pointed out as Robin passed me the empty can of bottle fluid for me to practice on."Another possibility." Steve nodded along, "or she's just like really into judge Reinhold?"

"Guys!" We turned to Robin, "I don't care. And I don't understand what you do with everything going on."

I spoke up as I crushed the can smiling when I was successful, "Because you deserve to be happy robin."

"This feels like a perfect time for that little pull of the rug because... in the face of the world ending the stakes of my love life feels spectacularly low."

"Yeah I get you there but I still have hope." Steve passed her the full bottle while I picked it up to bring inside the trailer.

I walked back outside to hear robin talking, "if we don't stop him who will, we need to at least try right."

"Damn right." I interrupted the two watching as the rest of us were practicing with their weapons. "Guys!" They turned to look at me, "it's gonna get dark soon we should head out." It was as if all the fun was sucked out of them.

They grabbed their stuff and headed inside on the drive where everyone was in silence preparing themselves for what's to come. I sat on the floor in the middle of Robin and Eddie.

I took glances at everyone in front of me, my thoughts overtaking my mind as I stopped, looking at Max praying that we would win that El would win.

We stopped in front of the Creel house as Erica, Lucas and Max walked out. I grabbed Max's hand giving it a squeeze before letting drop allowing her to leave.We didn't stay long before we headed off to Eddie's trailer.

We landed swiftly in the upside down as Eddie held out his hand for me. I grabbed it, telling his hand to squeeze mine as we left the trailer.Steve turned to stop us, "if anything goes south, I mean, anything at all, you abort. Okay? draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of vecna."

"I should be going with you." I spoke up, staring into Steve's eyes. "The boys can handle the bats, none of you have powers to take on vecna."

"Vecna should be asleep, he'll be harmless." Nancy spoke up, "the bats are his defense, you take them down, you take him down."Steve grabbed me by the shoulders, "don't try to be cute and don't try to be a hero." He spoke looking at me before lifting his head to look at Eddie and dustin.

"okay? you guys are just-"

"Decoys." Steve and Dustin spoke in sync. Dustin smiled, "don't worry, you can be the hero steve."

Eddie smiled along with him as he looked at Dustin, "yeah I mean look at us we are not heroes, we'll except princess harrington." I rolled my eyes at the comment before looking down at the ground with a smile as Steve looked at me with a smile.

He kissed me on the forehead, "stay alive."I looked up at him seeing the seriousness in his voice, "you too."

He looked at all of us before leaving the three of us with nancy and robin by his side as I felt my heart beat against my chest. Him leaving this entire situation feels more real than it's ever been.

Eddie grabbed me by the shoulders as I felt his chest on my back, "we'll make them pay.""Let's get to work."

This is for you Chrissy.

We started filling metal pieces to cover up the sides of the trailer to make it harder for bats. That took longer than expected as I was already out of breath as I was on top of the trailer finishing up the last one."Not bad?" I raised my voice towards the boys who were looking at the trailer.

"not bad!" Eddie shouted back, Dustin smiled, "Not bad at all."

"Now for the fun part." Eddie talked, grabbing Dustin's attention. Eddie lifted his hand up grabbingmy waist as I was headed down. We went into Eddie's room as he grabbed his guitar. "Jesus Christ, it's like...she was destined for an alternate dimension."

"What do you two say? Are you guys ready for the most metal concert in the history of the world?"

"That a rhetorical question?" Dustin answered back as he smirked at eddie. The guitar was now on his back. "Let's do this."

"I'll set up the speakers." I smiled at them while Eddie winked.I grabbed one of the speakers in the living room using my powers to lift them on the roof. I grabbed the wires moving to the roof to connect them. I made sure the volume was all the way, I smiled.

They were ready, just needed to be connected to Eddie's guitar. "Eddie!"He poked his head out as I reached my hand out, "guitar."

He took it off, handing it to me as I plugged it in. I hit a note as it echoed through the upside down.

"guys if we're gonna do this we gotta do it now." Eddie got on to the roof putting the guitar on his front, "you ready?"

I slid down, giving the artist his space, nodding at dustin. He gave me one back.

"We're ready!" We shouted.

Erica's voice then came out of the radio, "Initiate Phase 3"