Chapter 10: Dark and Light | Part 1

As Bryle ascended the grand staircase of the Celestine Palace, the sheer majesty of the cosmic architecture filled him with awe and reverence. The towering spires seemed to touch the very heavens, and the ethereal glow that emanated from within spoke of the palace's immense power. However, before he could enter, Bryle was confronted by two imposing figures at the entrance-celestial guardians appointed to protect the sanctity of the palace. They were beings of pure energy, wielding immense cosmic power.

With a resonant voice, one of the guardians spoke, "Halt, intruder! The Celestine Palace is a domain of cosmic balance. Only those deemed worthy may enter." Bryle understood the importance of maintaining cosmic harmony, and he knew he had to prove himself to gain access. Without hesitation, he raised his hands, and his celestial aura surged around him, displaying his power.

"Guardians, I am Bryle, a celestial being chosen to oversee and protect the balance of the universe. I seek entry to fulfill my cosmic duty," he declared with celestial authority. The guardians regarded him closely, sensing the familiar celestial magic within him. They hesitated for a moment before bowing their heads in recognition.

"Apologies, Bryle," said the second guardian. "We recognize the celestial essence within you. Please enter, for you are indeed one of our masters." With the guardians' approval, Bryle stepped inside the Celestine Palace, feeling a sense of belonging within its cosmic embrace. As he walked through the celestial corridors, he couldn't shake the feeling that something significant awaited him here. Unbeknownst to Bryle, the shadows shifted, and an enigmatic figure watched from the periphery-Eramos, a pure demon with an agenda known only to himself. He had infiltrated the Celestine Palace, cloaked in deception and darkness.

Eramos observed Bryle's every move, biding his time. The knowledge of their shared bloodline remained hidden, and for now, his motives were shrouded in mystery.

Inside the palace, Bryle was drawn to a crystalline chamber-an ethereal nexus that allowed him to see glimpses of every corner of the universe. As he peered into its depths, he felt the weight of his cosmic responsibilities press upon him.

But before he could contemplate further, a sudden surge of energy surged through the chamber, causing Bryle's celestial senses to flare. He turned, and there, standing before him, were the two guardians who had challenged him earlier.

But something was off; their celestial glow seemed tainted, and their eyes held a sinister gleam. It became apparent that they were no longer the protectors he had encountered earlier. Instead, they now served Eramos, who had ensnared their minds in darkness.

Without warning, the guardians attacked, their once-defensive gestures replaced with malevolent strikes. Bryle summoned his celestial magic, but he hesitated to unleash it fully, not wanting to harm the guardians he once saw as allies.

However, as the battle intensified, Bryle realized that the darkness had taken full control over the guardians. There was no other choice but to use his magic to subdue them. With a heavy heart, he channeled his power, seeking to incapacitate rather than harm.

In a burst of celestial energy, he managed to break the mind control, freeing the guardians from Eramos' influence. Confusion clouded their eyes as they gazed upon the fallen figure of Eramos, who lay defeated and revealed.

"Who... who are you?" one of the guardians asked, his voice filled with confusion.

"I am Bryle, a celestial being," Bryle replied "You were under Eramos' control, but now you are free."

The other guardian spoke, "Eramos? The pure demon? But how did he get inside the Celestine Palace?"

Bryle's heart sank as he realized the gravity of the situation. Eramos' presence here could only mean trouble for the balance of the universe.

"I must confront him and put an end to his schemes," Bryle said resolutely.

Before he could act, a searing pain shot through his mind, and everything went dark. Eramos had struck back, using his own dark magic to gain control over Bryle's thoughts. When Bryle awoke, he found himself in a realm of darkness, a nightmarish landscape of twisted shadows and torment. Eramos stood before him, smirking wickedly.

"Now, dear brother," Eramos taunted, "Let me show you your true destiny-the throne of Hell awaits you!"