Prologue~

July 4,Tuesday•3:16PM
Golf Shore Mall, Florida

Sage "Nolia " Grant POV

"I miss you already!" Amanda exclaimed as we walked into the 'Forever 21' store

This girl a gwaan like a dead me a go dead.

"Probably. After all a Jamaica yah go"

True.

"It's only 2 months. It will fly by quickly plus I'll make sure to call you everyday," I reasoned.

"But you aren't sure if you're returning. That's the thing!"

Ahh bwoy!

Picking up 2 pairs of underwear that I liked I added them to the cart I was carrying in my hand.

"My mom only brought up the idea but that doesn't mean that we aren't returning."

"Sure. You told Amir yet?" She asked referring to my off and on boyfriend.

Kmt!

"Devn know why yuh bring him up.."

Amanda is a fair-toned Mexican, standing at around 5'5". Initially, she didn't understand Patois, but we've been around each other long enough for her to gradually get used to the Patois chipping in and out. Over time, she has started to grasp one and two words and expressions though.

"You guys at it again?"

"Yup," I replied popping the P.

"For what reason this time?"

"Long story short. A girl DM'ed me the other day with receipts of them in bed," I explained.

"I told yo ass to leave him alone but no," she shrugged walking up to the cash register.

See cause me a yam root fi the bwoy!

"I tried, but at this point, I'm just keeping him around as a distraction because, as you know, nobody wants a girl that 'looks like a cow'..." I said, adding air quotes to the phrase, as it is how our classmates refer to me.

The college that we were attending is one in which majority of the kids were white.

Can just imagine e smell...frownzy yf.

Anyways...

The minority group in our school consists of Amanda, Amir, myself, and approximately five other children. Unfortunately for me, being black with a skin condition often makes me a target for bullying in an American school.

Yuh would a think say big ole college pickney naav time fi dem sumn there but yuh think wrong so go back to the drawing board.

"Bitches too fucking old to be acting like that"