Chapter 13 - The first task

Chapter 13 – The first task

Bold – in French

 Cats pov

On Sunday morning I woke up to see Fleur shaking me awake fear in her eyes.

"Cat, listen to me, the first task is dragons, Madame Maxime just told me, now, I know what to do but I need to teach you, it's quite an advanced spell."

"Fleur stop," I interrupted, "I already know, I found out last night, I was going to tell you this morning,"

"Right ok then, well this is what we need to do."

"Wait," I interrupted again, "I need to work this out myself with Harry, we're already being doubted in this competition, we need to do this alone."

"Fine," Fleur sighed, "but if you don't know by the morning of the task tell me, you are not dying out there, got it?"

"Got it," I gave a faint smile.

"Good, now go and plan with your brother."

Harry's pov

The morning after our talk with Sirius I explained everything to Cat and Hermione, and together the three of us went off to the library to look for the 'simple' spell that Sirius had mentioned. But soon after we arrived Viktor Krum came in,.

"Oh, no, he's back again, why can't he read on his stupid ship?" Said Hermione irritably, as Viktor Krum slouched in, cast a surly look over at us, and settled himself in a distant corner with a pile of books. "Come on you two, we'll go back to the common room, Cat you can go back to the carriage, his fan club'll be here soon."

So I said bye to Cat and agreed to meet up with her tomorrow, before me and Hermione headed off to the common room with a huge pile of books.

Cat's pov

I hardly slept that night; I was too busy worrying about the upcoming tournament. When the morning finally came, I rushed out of  the carriage towards the library to meet harry, before Fleur could offer me any help, no-matter how worried I was, I was determined not to ask her for her assistance.

That morning I sat with Harry for breakfast, but when Cedric Diggory got up from the Hufflepuff table Harry called a quick  apology over his shoulder and hurried off after him, sighing I set off to the library again, I was determined to find a solution to the dragon problem.

At lunch time, I was heading to the Great Hall, when Harry suddenly came whirling round the corner, with a panting Hermione following me.

"Cat come on, I know how to get past the dragon."

Feeling slightly confused at this turn of events, I followed my brother and Hermione into an empty classroom.

"What we need to do is fly." Harry explained.

"We're not allowed a broom," I pointed out.

"We're allowed a wand," Harry explained, "We need to summon brooms from the castle and use them to get past the dragon."

"That's a brilliant idea Harry with one problem."

"What is it?" Harry asked, "It's fine if you can't use a summoning charm, nor can I, Hermione's gonna teach us."

"No Harry, I can do a summoning charm, look," I said, "accio" I pointed my wand at a book and it zoomed towards me.

"Well then what's the problem? You can help teach me as well."

"Harry," I interrupted, "I can't fly."

There was silence.

"Hey guys," we all spun to face the door, it was Fred and George, my heart gave a little flutter. "We heard raised voices, is everything okay?"