chapter three.

chapter three. Number Sixty-Seven.

third person POV

-- --

"It's super nice of you to offer me a ride home, but I'm really more of a walker," Kayla stated causing Astrid to give Mac a confused look, not knowing her new friend was in the building as well. The ash blonde assumed the decked out hockey player was the person she heard down below before she ran out but she was starting to question herself. Astrid's mouth opened slightly, about to whisper a comment to the taller teen, when Mac placed his hand over her mouth again- their eyes searching one another's with confusion as they tried to stay out of sight from Kayla and Anton.

"Get in the car."

"Oh, leather seats. Classy," Kayla tried to joke as she opened the passenger side door while Anton rolled his eyes at the young Canadian teen. As soon as the car pulled away, Mac dropped his hand off of the girl's mouth and pulled her out towards the concrete sidewalk.

"What do you think Kay was doing in there?" Astrid thought out loud as she rested her back against the railing near the front steps; keeping eye contact with the Canadian boy.

"No clue," Mac shook his head, trying to act like he wasn't the one who called Anton and reported his sister for sneaking into the building.

"Well, on that amazing note..." Astrid trailed off in a slightly sarcastic tone.

"We should probably go, yeah," Mac agreed before slipping his hands into his front pockets, "I'll walk you home."

"Wow," Astrid muttered, letting out a small chuckle, "such a true gentleman which is totally unlike you, drama queen."

"Here we go," Mac sighed, throwing his head back slightly as he let out a small groan, "there was more to that, I swear."

"Well lucky for you, we have some time," Astrid smiled warmly at the teen before they began walking down the sidewalk together. On their way home, Mac filled Astrid in on the story of how drama queen came to be which caused the ash blonde to not believe his story and think he did it on purpose to get more media buzz around his arrival. After that, Mac and Astrid told each other little things about one another before they arrived at her place. Once she was dropped off safely, Mac raced over towards his house to see how his parents reacted to Kayla being busted by Anton.

As Mac crept up the stairs towards his bedroom, Kayla sat down on her bed to call her two newest friends. The brunette was so excited to inform her friends about her discovery. "Hey, something huge just happened and I have literally no one to tell in this town so I'm telling you two."

"Okay, but if you drank too much blue slushy, it's probably a hallucination," Sky muttered with a small chuckle.

"She's right, I've experienced it before," Astrid added in causing Kayla to finally smile after she got a stern talking to by her parents.

"I met someone at the rink just now. Someone I can skate with."

"Wait, what do you mean "just now?" The rink closed, like, two hours ago," Sky questioned confused while Astrid was curious to see if Kayla knew who the runaway hockey figure was.

"That's not the point," Kayla changed the subject, not wanting to discuss the closing time of the rink.

"That sounds like it should be the point," Sky countered causing Kayla to let out a sigh.

"Are you okay, Kayla?" Astrid asked worried about her new friend. "I was grabbing my laptop I left behind right before you got-."

"You were there?" Kayla asked in a hopeful tone, "did you see who the person was? Who is he?"