Second Year Part Two: When The Teacher is an Absolute Idiot.

He mostly went about his morning as he usually would. Mostly.

He got changed in the bathroom and went to grab his things, going off to find Dawn, who was already with the rest of the group. Hermione was reading one of Lockhart's books.

"I swear I'm going to go burn my lot of them," Dawn said.

"Why don't you just, you know, donate them to a second hand shop?" Ron asked. Dawn was positively seething, glaring at the man that was trying to talk to Snape. His half brother saw Nico and looked right at him. His eyes flicked to Lockhart and then rolled.

"Because, Ron, he's a fraud and no one, literally no one, should even think about publishing it."

"That's a bit extreme, don't you think? Besides, you don't actually have proof, do you?" Hermione replied cooly.

"Watch, Hermione, or I'm going to tear your copies of his books to shreds," Dawn muttered.

"Have you eaten?" Draco asked. Dawn looked down at her empty plate. Then she sighed and grabbed some toast, buttering it and eating it like that.

Dawn confused Nico sometimes.

The teachers handed out the timetables, which the lot of them instantly compared. They only ever had one class together, but Nico was pleasantly surprised to see that he had double Herbology first up with the Gryffindors.

Unfortunately for Draco, he had History of Magic.

"I swear, I'm going to fall right asleep in that class and then read over the material for the rest of these seven years," he said as they left the Great Hall, Dawn's fourth piece of toast with nothing but butter and honey on it in her mouth.

"Good luck," Harry said. Draco poked his tongue out at Harry, who grinned. Dawn leaned in close to Nico.

"They're definitely flirting," she commented. She bit into her toast as Nico struggled not to laugh too hard.

They walked down to the greenhouses where the rest of their class was waiting. They weren't there for long before Professor Sprout came along with Lockhart trudging along behind her like a puppy who had no clue that he was not welcome.

"Oh, hello! Just been talking to Professor Sprout about Mandrakes-"

"Sir, I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that you know anything about Mandrakes beyond the fact that their scream could kill," Dawn snapped. Lockhart looked taken aback at the fact that a student, no less a young girl, had just said that he was incompetent at something.

"Greenhouse three today, class," Sprout said. Ron and Dawn shared a look before linking their arms with Harry's and leading him to greenhouse three, effectively making it near impossible for someone to separate them.

They must have talked about it, then.

Professor Sprout gave them an approving look as they entered the greenhouse.

Nico looked at Lockhart who looked rather pissed. He changed the look for a tense smile when he caught Nico looking.

"A me e al mio amico non piaci affatto," he said. Then he entered the greenhouse, leaving a very baffled Lockhart outside.

Inside was a table that had earmuffs all over it, about twenty in total, enough for each of the students. There were pots - empty ones and ones that were full, all lined up.

"We'll be repotting Mandrakes today. Now, who can tell me the properties of Mandrakes?"

Normally, when a question was asked, Hermione was the first to put her hand up. However, when it came to magical plants and their healing properties, that's when a child of Apollo could prove to be faster and more knowledgeable than the smartest witch in the year.