(^_−)−☆

Ricky waited patiently as the teacher passed out the graded tests. He felt nervous but also couldn't wait until he received it. This particular teacher always took forever to mark the papers. Besides that, he knew he would get the highest score and rub it in his rival's face; Lee jeonghyeon.

However the moment he received his results, his face dropped. All the ideas of the bragging he would do completely faded away. It was over.

"So what did you get" Jeonghyeon said with a grin creeping up on his face.

Ricky looked at him while avoiding eye contact and sighed. "98.." he whispered.

Jeonghyeon's lip twitched. "what was that?" he said as he moved closer.

"I got a 97, okay?!!"

Jeonghyeon laughed, "oh you poor thing, I guess that scholarship is mine" he said with a smirk. "I'm genius lee after all"

Knots built up in Ricky's throat as he felt tears forming in his eyes. He gently pushed the boy to the side and walked out of the classroom. What was the point in fighting for a spot that was clearly Jeonghyeon's?

He aimlessly walked without stopping until he found an empty classroom. He closed the door hoping no one else would walk in.

He sat at an empty desk and immediately put his head down. Tears started to fall out uncontrollably. He never cried. But all the pressure from his parents wanting him to be perfect and in the end not achieving it, caused him to finally break down. Through his cries and sniffles, he never heard the classroom door opening.

Ricky felt a hand softly touch his shoulder. As he looked up with his red nose and puffy eyes, the only thing he could see was Jeonghyeon's concerned face as he held out a tissue.

He wiped Ricky's tears "I'm sorry Ricky.. I never meant to make you cry" he said gently.

Ricky bit his lip as an attempt to stop his tears. He nodded for Jeonghyeon to continue as it was evident he had stopped talking to give him a second. The black haired boy pulled out an envelope from his pocket.

"You know there are two spots for the scholarship, right?" he says with a smile. "This one is yours"

Confusion arose on Ricky's face. However after a moment of doubt, his lips instantly curled into a bright smile as he read the words 'Congratulations Shen Quan rui..." He immediately dropped the letter and pulled Jeonghyeon into a tight hug.

Tears escaped his eyes as he held onto his 'enemy'.

After letting him stay there, Jeonghyeon slightly pulled away and cupped Ricky's face. He smiled before pulling the blonde in.

As their lips softly connected, the 'hatred' that was once between them completely faded away.

This moment not only allowed Ricky to finally get the scholarship he worked so hard for, it also helped the two boys finally come to terms with their true feelings. Putting the academic rival agenda aside.

Jeonghyeon sat down and turned Ricky around to sit on his lap. As they faced each other, Jeonghyeon finally spoke.

"i don't like seeing you cry" he said softly while wiping away Ricky's tears.

"These are happy tears, idiot"

For the first time ever, Jeonghyeon looked into Ricky's eyes and genuinely smiled. The blonde blushed before pulling him into a big hug again.

Jeonghyeon cleared his throat before speaking. "instead of being your rival.. can i be something more important?"

"What can be more important than being rivals" Ricky teasingly asked as he poked the boy's cheek.

Jeonghyeon's grip around Ricky's waist tightened.

"Can i be your boyfriend?" he asked while looking deeply into the eyes in front of him.

Ricky quickly nodded before putting his head into the crook of Jeonghyeon's neck. This was after he felt his face turn red.

A huge smile flashed across Jeonghyeon's face and out of pure happiness, he picked Ricky up. Spinning him around a few times.

Ricky wrapped his arms tightly around Jeonghyeon's neck. The blonde proceeded to give him a soft but passionate kiss.

Jeonghyeon smiled between kisses "do you have strawberry flavoured lip balm on?" he asked. They both burst out into laughter.