Professor | Rengoku x Reader

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm in love with my professor. Everything about him was smooth, elegant, graceful. I was obsessed with just watching him move around the lecture hall. I freely admit to not paying attention to what he was saying as I watched him continue his lecture. My mind gets swept up in a memory from last week and I feel my eyes unfocus as I relive it...

"Thank you... Professor Rengoku," I blush. "Without you I'd be failing this class." It was true, it wasn't required for my major but was required for my year.

"I don't mind at all Y/N. A young woman as brilliant as you shouldn't fail a class she doesn't need simply because she doesn't understand. I'm always available to you." My eyes snap up at his words and I see a faint blush staining his cheeks.

"That's.. very kind. Thank you.. I'll be going now." I turn to walk away, overthinking his words when his voice pulls me up short.

"Y/N wait!" I turn to face him, my heart hammering in my chest.

"Sir?"

"I'll be free for more of a... private lesson if you need extra help after class Friday." My mind immediately dove into the gutter and I feel more of a blush creeping over my cheeks. "I can see how hard you're trying and I will match that so you do not fail."

Oh.... "Oh, of course. I'm looking forward to it. Thank you...."

"Alright everyone, that's it for today. Remember we have an exam coming up in two weeks, what we covered today will be on it." Shit.

I slowly pack my bag, regretting not paying attention considering I can't stay after class today. I wait until everyone is gone before walking up to his desk. He looks up at me with a sweet smile that melts my heart. "I just wanted to let you know I can't stay... I have.. plans."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps Monday." He looked back down at the papers in front of him and I can't help but feel a little disappointed.

"Yeah. Have a good weekend..." I sigh as I leave, nervously biting my lip. Time to get ready for my date...

I nervously check myself in the mirror one last time before leaving my apartment. If I'm being totally honest with myself, I agreed to this date to forget about Rengoku. My obsession with him wasn't healthy but I found I couldn't get over it, no matter how hard I tried. Maybe this will help...

The Uber ride didn't take long but I groaned when I realize how run down this small bar was. Why the fuck did I agree to meet him here? What a shitty date. I texted him again to let him know I was here, but he hasn't replied yet. "I'm about to get stood up, I just have a feeling."

Walking into the bar it was pretty small, consisting of a long bar area, a couple pool tables and scattered seats. The entire place smelled like cheap cigarettes but it seemed pretty clean to my surprise. I pull my phone out to text my date again but instead my eyes scan over the message letting me know he can't make it, and that he's sorry. "Fuck me," I whisper.

I check the Uber app but the soonest I'll be able to get a ride is an hour. "Fuck it, may as well drink." I make my way over the bar, ignoring the leering looks from several of the men.

"What can I get ya sweetheart?"

"A double shot of Patron and a vodka Red Bull," I sigh.

"Going heavy tonight?" he chuckles. I raise my brows in exasperation and he chuckles again before throwing my drinks together. "Starting a tab sweetheart?"