4. Grandmother

My lunch with Kiara went well even though Jadah almost ruined it. I was slowly getting impatient with this mission. All I wanted was for it to end. I hate being around Jadah because all I want to do when I'm with her is to kiss her and hold her in my arms. I'm still in love with her, and seeing her every day is just a constant reminder that I can't be with her.

It was currently three o'clock in the afternoon and I was at the cafe working. Today was busy because we had a lot of customers. It was a Friday, after all. Zara hired two more people, Michelle and Xavier, to work here at the cafe. Michelle and Xavier were the baristas while Zara and I both worked at the back. I didn't get to see or talk to them much.

After being at the cafe, I went straight home. I was exhausted and immediately went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom when I heard a noise in the kitchen and went to check.

"What The Hell Are You Doing Here?! It's 3AM For Goodness Sake!" I asked her.

"Magic never sleeps," she answered. Was she serious? "Anyway, I've got a lead, but it needs us to go to Hidden Ville. We need to talk to a witch who has lived for a long time and knows how things work in the magic world. Your grandmother."

"And you couldn't wait to tell me this later in the day because....?"

"We need to leave early in the morning. There's plenty of work to be done, and you know we can't just stop by your grandmother's house, get what we want, and leave. I'm mean, but not unfair. You need to talk to reconnect and mend things with her."

"Oh." I said, feeling a bit weird. Haven't seen this side of her in a long time. "Thanks. What time are we leaving?"

"At eight o'clock in the morning. Be ready because I'll be fetching you. "

"We're going together?!"

"Yeah."

"You know what, I think we should go separately. That way, you can do whatever you want while I mend things with my grandmother."

"Good idea," she said, and I nodded. "Oh and Tabitha, don't ever speak to me how you did yesterday when you were around your little girlfriend. I won't let it slide next time."

"Kiara is not my girlfriend."

"Good. Cause that would be distracting."

"Okay... I'm going back to sleep now." I said and went back to sleep.

I woke up at seven o'clock and started getting ready for the trip. I didn't pack a lot of clothes because most of them were at my grandmother's house. I ate breakfast and went to the car and left for hidden Ville. I was glad that I was driving alone and not with Jadah because that would be two hours with Jadah in the same car. Who knows what I would say or do with all that time with her. History can not repeat itself.

Today was the day I would mend things with my grandmother, and then the next day, Jadah and I can talk about magic with her. I arrived at her house and parked my car outside. I waited a few minutes in the car, convincing myself that I could do this. I finally got out of the car and stood by the door. I knocked on the door, and I heard footsteps getting closer. As I was looking down, looking at my shoes, the door opened and my gaze went up and I saw my grandmother. She took a look at me for a few seconds and finally started speaking.

"TABITHA!!!! MY BABY!! Oh, I missed you so much. Come in! How are you? We haven't talked in a while. Are you eating enough? You've lost weight! " She bombarded me with questions, opening the door wider and gesturing for me to get inside.