WHEN

"When does it happen?." Miles asks as he gasps for air, trying to grasp the harsh reality of his fathers upcoming homicide. He looks around, "when does it happen?" He asks again, "in two days." Miguel says, looking away from miles instead eyeing the ground. My eyes widen as my eyebrows raise growing closer together, almost forming a peak. "That's what the model says." Lyla adds, appearing from thin air above Miguel's shoulder. "Oh my god." I whisper to myself, grabbing my mouth with my right hand as me and miles make eye contact. "I'm sorry miles." Miguel says to him, "send me home." Miles demands . "I can't do that, now now." Miguel answers disappointedly , I look over at hobie and Gwen, she has her head down and he has his hands on his hips. "So-so what am I supposed to do ? Just let him die??" Miles asks, yelling, begging for an answer. Trying to comprehend why this is happening. He's already lost his uncle, and now his dad. All his male role models will be gone, Miguel knows this. And he's just going to make miles suffer through it all and not even be able to see his dad? That's so fucked up.

Miguel slightly nods his head as he looks down upon miles with a disapproving yet disappointed face, Almost as if he is upset with miles for reacting this way but is sad if came to this in the first place. Miles turns around, refusing to admit defeat. looking for someone to back him up, "what about your dad? He's a captain, right?" Miles asks Gwen frantically, as she just stares at him with a blank expression. "Yeah." She whispers as their eyes lock. "And that's it? You're just not gonna do anything about it?" Miles yells at her wanting an answer, she looks away from him sorrowfully, not knowing how to respond. "Okay, what about uncle Ben? That would be okay if you knew and just, just let it play out?" He says raising his voice as he walks over to Peter yet again demanding answers. "If not for uncle Ben, most of us wouldn't be here miles." Peter answers calmly as he puts his left hand on miles shoulder. "And all the good we did it- it wouldn't have been done." Peter says as he looks down at miles as he nods his head , finally understanding what they're saying.

"So we're just supposed to let people die because some algorithm says that's supposed to happen? You really think that's okay?" He yells at everyone, taking peters arm off his shoulder as he storms towards Miguel.