Grueling Trials

Izuku's POV:

I frantically started to put my clothes on. I should've been paying more attention as I nearly fell over onto my back when attempting to put on my pants.

"Whatever this high-ranked demon slayer throws at me... I won't give up until I over come it!" I thought to myself.

"Hey brat! The demon slayer's here!" Doctor called out. "Coming!" I yelled back from my room. "Where's my notebook?" I muttered, dashing around the room in an attempt to find it. "There it it!" I thought, quickly grabbing the notebook and pencil inside of it.

I ran out of my room, holding my notebook & pencil under my arm. "I wonder what I'm going to learn from the demon slayer... maybe I'll be taught Flower Breathing since I can already somewhat use one of the techniques?" I pondered.

"Ah, There you are..." the doctor said. I looked up at her, not realizing that I had gotten to the entrance room already. She gestured to her right, introducing the demon slayer.

My eyes went wide, I didn't expect Hina Agatsuma... the one who saved me to be the one to train me! I had completely tuned out the doctor. Agatsuma-San seemed to still have some bandages here and there. Probably from the last few scrapes and scratches that haven't fully closed up yet.

I quickly bowed, slightly surprising my new trainer. "Th-thank you for saving me! I'll forever be in your debt," I proclaimed. I heard the doctor start to snicker, not caring to hide her amusement.

"Please, you don't have to bow," Agatsuma-San stated. I stood up straight, looking back up at her. She gave a bright and assuring smile. "You don't have to repay me or anything like that. And I'm... sorry about you mom," she said.

I smiled sadly at the thought of mom... but I'm done mourning, I have to stay strong.

"Alright, I'll leave you two to it," the doctor said, as I watched her walk away.

Agatsuma-san cleared her throat, bringing my attention back to her. "So... I've never really taught someone the art of demon slaying before, but I'll do what I can," she informed. I nodded in appreciation despite this.

She began heading over to the front door that led outside, gesturing me to follow, which I complied. "I heard you've done a bit of training while here, right?" She questioned. "Yes," I responded.

She continued to lead me out into the backyard training grounds. I hadn't gone to this area yet as this was for more advanced training that I couldn't handle yet. I had only caught slight glimpses of demon slayers training here... it honestly looked extremely painful and difficult. I gulped in nervousness and slight fear. No matter what training she puts me through I'll push through it, but I was still terrified of what the training would entail.

"Alright, before anything else, I want to discuss where your strengths are," Agatsuma-San stated. "Strengths?" I asked. She nodded. "What you're physically or mentally good at. That way I can build off your training starting off of that," she explained.

I thought for a moment. "What am I good at?" I thought to myself. "I'm not the best in terms of physical strength... all I'm good at is running away..." I admitted. Agatsuma-San only smiled at my statement.

"That's alright! That's why we're here, to get stronger," she assured. "Right!" I replied. "If your good at running away then you must be decently fast, yes?" She questioned. I nodded in confirmation.

"Great, we can build your skill set from that! Besides, you're going to have to be extremely fast if you want to learn my Breathing style in the future," she informed. "Are you sure that there is nothing else you're good at physically or mentally?" She questioned.