Chapter 3 What Goes On?

"Ug why is my head spinning so fast, why does it hurt so bad?" I open my eyes to see my bedroom and the morning light coming through my window as always. But I don't know what time it is. I look over at the clock on my bedside table to see that it is eleven o'clock. I have never slept this late in my life! Then it came to me "Where's Soul!" I get out of bed super fast and run out of my room to see him sitting on the couch watching tv like on a typical Saturday morning. "Ah, urg" I groan in pain as I grab my head and sink to the floor, for I can no longer stand up. Soul looks at me and runs to my safety as always. "You ok?" "I think" "let's get you to the couch come on" Soul picks me up and walks me to the couch. "I can walk by myself you know." "calm down I'm helping you" "I don't need help!" Soul drops Maka on the couch and walks to the kitchen "Where are you going now you just gonna leave me here."

Maka groans in frustration. "What do you want to eat?" "Nothing" "Anything to drink?" "Nothing" "Maka you need something you have this massive hangover have you not looked in a mirror?" "Whatever I'm just tired and my head is killing me" "ok now I can work with that. I will be right back." "k" I'm so tired I want to sleep even though I just woke up. How is that even possible? "I'm back, here take this medicine and drink this water and get some rest." "k" Maka took medicine and groaned again. "What's wrong now?" Soul asks calmly. "Nothing, I'm tired and I don't know why I just got up." "get some rest on the couch" Soul sits on the couch and Maka sits next to him like normal.

Her eyes become heavy and she starts drifting to sleep. "Maka?" Soul looks down at his sleeping meister and takes a deep breath. "I might get killed for this but she looks uncomfortable." Soul reaches his hand to her shoulder and pulls her to his chest. He gently moves himself to lie down just as she was. Then after laying there looking at the ceiling and combing through her hair with his hand, he fell asleep with her. What is this warm feeling I have? Why can't I feel like this all the time? I don't want to wake up. I forced my eyes to open to see next to no light. "What happened? I thought it was still morning or maybe the afternoon at the latest." I try to sit up but fail, then I look down to see why. "Soul!" What's going on? I have my clothes on, duh I have my clothes on he wouldn't do that to me.

How was I laying on Soul in the first place? And does he know? Why is he so warm? I stop moving and use my strength to sit up. Looking at him like this is different. He is peaceful. Maka had a hand on either side of Souls Sweatshirt and her hair was laced draping down her shoulders. Looking down at Soul she thought of so many different things.

"I Love You" she whispered to him as she lay back down and tried to sleep once more. Soul then subconsciously moved his grip tighter around her waist as if he was not wanting her to go. Maka chuckles a little and snuggles into his chest. I guess this can't last forever, but I guess I can enjoy this time before I kick him in the butt later. "Why are you going to kick my butt?" "What! You heard that!" Soul lifts up bringing Maka with him as he is now sitting up on the couch. Maka who is now basically in his lap protests about this. "Really, I could've gotten up first." Maka then hits him with a book that sends him to the floor. But Maka forgot that she would end up going with him because Soul still had a grip on her waist."ahhhh"

"Oh, that really hurt ya know" "Sorry but you deserve it for doing that" Now both Maka and Soul were on the floor. Soul was lying on the floor from the fall while Maka had her legs straddled him. In a mere couple of minutes, just staring at each other Maka feels something poking up under her."Omg, I'm so sorry," Maka says with a red face. "No, I'm sorry Maka" "It's fine" Maka gets up and walks to her bedroom, and closes the door. "I really messed up this time." The next day neither me nor Maka said a word to each other. Today I had to rely on my alarm clock to wake me instead of her. I wasn't going to pry anything out of her, especially after what happened last night. We got ready for school and left. Our timing must be amazing or something cause we both made it on the motorcycle to school this morning still not communicating.

"Do you want to pick a mission?" "sure why not" I'm surprised she talked to me first and wanted to take a mission after the events of the weekend in general. "Let's go tonight ok?" "um, yea sure why not"

The school day went by fast and before I knew it we were at home and packing for the mission. It seemed like Maka had pushed away what happened over the weekend. "You ready Soul?" "yea just about" We brought one small bag of stuff we would need.

We weren't staying overnight or anything like that. "How far was it again?" "it was in a sleepless hollow" "k" Soul walked out of his room with the bag in hand. "You ready?" "yup, hop on the bike I will grab the keys and be there in a sec." "ok I will be waiting"

I walk out to the bike to see Maka already on and waiting. "Let's go shall we?" "We shall," Maka said with a smile on her face. I didn't realize that it would be a long time till I saw a real smile on her face for a while. She shone in the moonlight as I had never seen before. I smiled back at her and helped her on the bike. I jumped on and started it up. As I drove through the streets of death city about to exit the gate. I was worried about what might happen on this mission.

After 2 gruesome hours of driving at night with Maka asleep on my back, I was getting tired. I pulled over at some rest stop and shortly it started snowing. "What the weather was supposed to be warm" This made me a little aggravated. I still had Maka on my back and it was getting a little cold.

"What's going on?" I woke up from being super cold. I find out that I'm on Soul back so I get down to look at the scene before me. "Wow" "umm Maka you ok?" "no, I'm more than ok I love the snow I always wanted to actually play in it." "Haven't you, it's snowed on plenty of our missions?" "no, I was too busy fighting." "I guess you're right"

Both Soul and Maka look up at the dark blueish-gray sky while little snowflakes fall onto their faces. Soul looks over at Maka and studies her face again. She's so happy. Maka looks at Soul who is still staring at her. Her thin jacket made Maka shake a little as she was cold. Soul noticed this and brought her close to him trying to keep her warm.

As if Soul didn't learn his lesson the first time he looks down at Maka again, watching her breath in the air with him. Maka looks up at him again and makes a confused face. "What's wrong?" "Nothing" "Bull crap Soul you keep giving me a look." "Well," Soul leans down and plants a kiss on Maka's lips.

I was in complete and utter shock. Soul Eater Evans was kissing me. But why? My eyes were still open at the action, I reluctantly closed them and kissed back. So warm. It made my heart flutter. I loved this guy for so long and now of all time, I was kissing him. Is this wrong? I have to do something. I pull away and now me and Soul are face to face.

Crap! I screwed things up. I was into the moment of us together in the snow. But I must have ruined everything. I looked back into her eyes and they were wide open and filled with fear. "What's wrong?" I'm surprised I had the courage to say that. She stood there like she saw a monster right behind me. "Let's get going, the snow has stopped," she says, looking away from my eyes filled with regret. "You're right."

Cold, freezing, cold, snow, ice, cold. I was shaking uncontrollably. How was Soul able to not freeze? It's the leather jacket he's wearing. I hug Soul's waist for warmth, which works a bit, but he's cold too. "You ok?" "yea" "Cold?" I didn't respond. I didn't want to.

"We're here" "Really finally, it's cold. I need to get a better jacket." "Here" Soul takes his jacket off and hands it to Maka. " no I can't take this you'll be cold. " "I'm not that cold right now so take it. We got to find where the kishin is. But first, let's find a store." "Alright there might be something that way," Maka says while pointing to her left. "Sure let us head that way then."

We continue to the town and it gets really cold. I shiver even more than I already was. I look over at Soul who just has his hands in his pockets and is just being laid back. I stop walking to get his attention. "Huh, why'd you stop?" "um, nothing." I looked at his face, mainly his eyes, he was cold. The goosebumps on his arms prove it.

We found a store and walked in Lucky for us. The clothes were on sale. We walk to the women's coats and look around. I found a small pink long coat that was super soft on the inside. "You want that one?" "Yup," I nod my head with a small smile on my face.

We hop on the bike and start heading towards the Kishins layer. Once we got in I was using soul perception. There were about 4 souls I could sense. This battle is going to be fun.