Chapter 10 - Invitation

I put on a pair of shoes, this time trying on a high heel. It was a beige bridal styled. I immediately fell in love with it. That was going to be my pair of shoes for the day. Then I tied my hair in a fishtail, then into a bun with also a beige flower clipped on to the side. I chose a simple beige top with beige pants. What's with the beige? I've got no idea.

When I was about to put on my earrings, I heard three knocks. So I hurriedly put on the left one, and opened the door. As I guessed, Ahren was standing there looking as gorgeous as ever. I didn't want to keep him waiting, so I put on my right earring, and grabbed a small pistol. Ever since I got past the second day of my training, Aspen said that I could keep this small pistol. It was loaded, but I had to make sure it doesn't get stolen. Not ever. I also didn't know why I kept this with me all the time, probably a sense of security. And to make sure I didn't hit the trigger accidentally, Aspen helped me include this new button where I had to press it to be able to trigger the pistol. It wasn't that inconvenient.

Once we were walking down the hall towards the ball room, Ahren brought up a conversation.

"You know Alyssa, there is actually, a very important event coming up. It's a ball. The prince is supposed to meet the Selected's family sometime, but in this case, it is the princess. So we're basically supposed to announce it. You with me?"

"Mmmhhhh. Sure! I, uh, I don't know how to dance." I said while hugging on to both of my arms. I was pretty sure I was blushing because he laughed quite loudly.

"Oh don't you worry! Do you want me to teach you how? We can do it this afternoon while they also get a dancing lesson. But I think you danced quite well yesterday." Ahren said, sounding neither pitifully, nor humorlessly.

"As long as I don't make a fool of myself, anything's great." I mumbled

"So at one point during the selection, the prince, now princess is supposed to meet the suitor's family." I repeated from what Ahren told me a little while before. "We are going to hold a royal ball for the Selected, the royal family, and the Selected's families. All siblings and parents are allowed to come to the palace they are also allowed to stay a night here at the palace for the evening."

They were all left smiling and grinning. All except for Henri who was patiently listening to Erik describe the events.

"Alyssa, what if we don't know how to dance or is not good at it?" Somebody said from the crowd of men.

"Sinulla on kaikilla tanssitunnit myöhemmin iltapäivällä. You will all have dancing classes in the afternoon." I grinned at Erik and Henri's direction after saying that. Finally I could put my Finnish lessons to use. I remembered that my mother's family paid for me to go to Swendway. We were not that poor then. As I came to from my memory, Henri was grinning back at me like a maniac. Probably saying thanks.

As they filed out of the room after Ahren telling them his little assignment for them, I was about to go out when Henri caught up to me and said,

"Tämä on loistava! Joku muu paitsi Eikko, ja haluaisin tietää, miten puhua suomea!"

I smiled at that thought: Somebody besides Eikko and I actually knows how to speak Finnish! Yep! That is just great. I decided not to reply to him and told Erik that I'm not that good in Finnish and that he shouldn't think that he is not supposed to be here. I told him that he was destined to be here for a reason.

Note:

Sorry if the Finnish part is incorrect. I personally don't know how to speak Finnish.

Some people might've noticed, I used the suitors in the books since I can't think of any more, and Robin Prudence in here was eliminated during the first round of Princess Eadlyn's elimination.