27. Wounded

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay.

Had my own reasons for not updating yesterday. Was done with the half update so now typed the other half.

Avoid mistakes if any.

Do vote and comment and ofcourse leave your views.

Need Help

If anyone of you know the story then please mention the name of the story.
ShrutiGupta057

08.07.2023

Manik

A week without others hits so so different. It's hectic when I have working hours more now than before. Sometimes I reach home late which only makes me scared to leave Nandini alone.

It's a new place and I don't want her to face any problem. When I show my concern towards her she shoo them away as if she can handle it easily. I know how scared she gets when I don't get home to the reported time.

Today again I'm late. It's almost 10 clock when I was lost in my thoughts but came back soon when I heard dogs barking.

Shit! Slow down... I slowed down a little till those little dogs stop running behind me. 

Once they stopped I took up the pace luckily they didn't follow me. Further there was a turn and out of nowhere a dog came in between and I lost the balance in saving the dog.

"Agh! Fuck!" I groaned in pain as the ground/road hit hard on my arm and knee. There were hardly any people around me. But luckily someone came and offered me help.

"Aapko jyada toh lagi nahi na? Shit! Yeh toh gehri chot lag rahi hai." The man and the wife said immediately looking at my arm.

"Nahi nahi, it's fine. Thodi kharoch aa gayi hai. Nothing else." They poured water on my arm and knee.

"Hiss!" It burns like hell.

"Aap kahan rehte ho? Should I call someone?"

"Yahi aage ke gali mein. It's not far, I'll go." I got up limping and settled on my bike which had scratches, luckily nothing happened to the bike except for the scratches here and there.

Thanking the couple I rode towards y house. Nandini will get worried, but can't even myself. I reached withing 1-2 minutes and limping walked to our flat only to witness Nandini pacing infront of the door. Looking at me she got scared and worried.

Nandini

It's already 9, I wonder what time he will come. Tch! My stomch is already growling.