Chapter one

Now (2023)

I open the door of my apartment. It feels good to be back home after a long and hard day of my internship for university . It's been 2 years since I'm in university and I love it don't get me wrong but sometimes it's exhausting.

The minute I enter I could smell the delicious smell of tacos. It's probably Annie, my roommate and my long time best friend, who cooked them. She's the best cook of all time.

You thought your mom's spaghetti sauce was good. Oh well Annie's is better hands down.

- hey Hun how was your day? Or should I say how was Kirby? She asks me.

Yeah you might wondering why Kirby? Well turns out my internship is working as a reporter for the habs and I need to interview him for a university homework.

-haha really funny. Kirby was great he followed me all day and asked me to marry him.
-you wish. She respond
-the marriage part yes.
-so he did followed you! She screams
-well he was kind of forced. Chantal asked him to made me feel welcome in the team because I looked like I wasn't really comfortable around them but mostly him. I say not really enthusiastic.
- Did I miss somethings? Why is it a bad thing?
- Because he has a GIRLFRIEND!
- Whatever y/n dinner's ready.

I love Annie I really do but she could not possibly think I'll still someone boyfriend. I'm not like that and I'll never be.

~~~~~~~

Saturday night = Parties. I really hate parties but Annie loves them and she drags me every chance she gets. Tonight is no exception. So I put on a black dress and a tiny bit of makeup and a pair of converse.

-You know y/n maybe you'll find someone tonight other than Kirby you know.

She was right but I know I just couldn't.

- I know , I know. I'll look for some boys at the party.
- Yes that's my girl! She screams

We take Annie's car and went to the party. When we arrived there was so much people which I HATE! We went inside and make it to the kitchen. I look all around and my eyes caught Kirby. He was making out with his girlfriend , Jordan.

His hands were around her hips and travel down to her ass. I know I should stop watching them but I couldn't, I couldn't stop imagine his hands travelling all over my body.

His lips kissing mine t'ill we be both out of breath.

- y/n!  Screams Annie
-Arghhh what?
- You coming or what?
- Yes I'm coming. I'm taking a drink and I'm coming right away. I say on my way to the drinks table.

Annie follows me and prepares me a drink. She held it out to me and I take a big sip. I didn't know what was in it but it is good so I didn't care.

I know it shouldn't have bothered me seeing Kirby grappin Jordan's ass but I just couldn't help but be jealous. So I decide to drink, drink and drink my pain away. It's really not a habit I have but I was really hurt so what was better staying in a corner crying or drink and have fun.

- hey hun let's go dance. Says Annie.
- Yes let's do it. I scream

We go on the dance floor and I start swinging my hips on the beat of the music. As I was dancing Annie taped on my shoulder.

- Look there is a cute boy looking at you. She says showing me the guy with her finger.
- You're right he's pretty cute. I'll go talk to him.

Normally I would have done that but I was drunk and heartbroken.

- Heyyyyy cutie how are you? I say to the guy.
- Pretty good. You had a lot of drinks didn't you? He says with a cute smile.

His smile was cute but it wasn't Kirby's. There is no smile like Kirby's.

- What is your little name?
- Jake. I'm Jake Evans.

Chapter one is done! This one is a little shorter than the other one. I hope you liked it❤️

688 words