Play time | Jeongin

The soft creak of the bedroom floor made you hold your breath, hand automatically flying up to cover your child's mouth to silence her too. You squeezed her close, the adrenaline pumping quickly through your blood. You both lean against the white door to listen for anymore incoming sounds, only to come up short.

Suddenly, the closet door yanks open, eliciting a scream from your daughter. You gasp in surprise, looking up towards your husband as he stood over your crouched frames, a grin upon his lips. He reaches down, swiftly grabbing your child from your arms and making a quick run for it.

"You'll never catch me!" He yells over his shoulder, skillfully weaving out of the bedroom. He shared a giggle with his daughter as she playfully called out for your help. "Mommy can't save you now, little one!"

You quickly rose to your feet to follow behind them. "Stop, you thief! Hand me my baby!"

As you turn the corner, tracking the cheerful sound of the echoing giggles, you were met with the sweet image of your family smiling widely at you. Their heads poked up from behind the couch, waiting for you to catch up. Your daughter squeezed her father's head in her arms as she waited with much anticipation.

You slowly approached the furniture, reaching down to grip a pillow in your hands. "Hand over the child, and nobody gets hurt."

Jeongin flashed his pretty, innocent smile your way and shook his head. "I stole her fair and square."

You shrugged. "Well, I didn't want to do this. But it's for my daughter."

Without another word, you raised your pillow high into the air, aiming to give your husband a good thunk on the head. However, tiny little hands raise up to block your target. You pause, looking at her with full disbelief.

"Don't hurt daddy!"

Shocked, your mouth dropped open. "But baby," you whine, lowering your weapon. "He's the bad guy!" You attempted to remind your daughter of the character roles, but she stood her ground.

Jeongin smirked, peppering her tiny face with multiple kisses. "She's joined the dark side. She's mine now!"

He swooped her up, standing up and making another run for a new hiding spot. You dropped the pillow, chasing after them with a new goal in mind. Now that you had become the villain, you had to act your part.

"Don't let me catch you," you warned with a laugh. "Or I will eat you both! With a side of French fries!"

Your daughter gasped, clinging onto Jeongin tighter while glancing at you over his shoulder. "Not frenchy fries!"