PROLOGUE

I'm not your friend or anything, damn. You think that you're the man. I think, therefore, I am...
.
.
.
"Nice seeing you again Y/n," Sting spoke.

"Oh fuck off," the girl scoffed, "don't talk to me like we're buddies, Eucliffe."
.
.
.
I'm not your friend or anything, damn. You think that you're the man. I think, therefore, I am...
.
.
.
"Stop, what the hell are you talking about?" She cackled, "Get my pretty name outta your mouth."

"It's not my fault the guild needed to know more about their opponents. Obviously I was going to fill them in on what kind of magic you use."

Y/n's features lifted in amusement, "and what magic do I use, Eucliffe?"

"Just holy magic! Nothing super fancy or anything..." he said, clearly underestimating his ex best friend, "we're like the same— yours is just less powerful."

Of course, he forgot about any other magics that he didn't teach her.
.
.
.
We are not the same with or without.
.
.
.
The girl's facial expression dulled, "we are nothing alike. Never compare me to you ever again."

He sighed, "I know how you feel right now."
.
.
.
Don't talk 'bout me like how you might know how I feel. Top of the world, but your world isn't real... your world's an ideal.
.
.
.
"YOU have no idea how I feel. In fact, YOU HAVE NEVER known how I've felt," she started ranting, tears brimming her eyes.

"Y/n—"

"We are different, Sting. Face it. You think you're on top of the world, but your world is fucking fake. It's self centered. All about you."

"That is not true," he whispered.

He would never admit it, but she was right.
.
.
.
So go have fun. I really couldn't care less
And you can give 'em my best, but just know...
.
.
.
"I hate you," she breathed before walking off.

Their recent conversations have ended up like that a lot recently... by that I mean their two encounters with each other since they were ten years old.
.
.
.
I'm not your friend or anything, damn. You think that you're the man. I think, therefore, I am...
.
.
.
"Good going dumbass," Rogue smirked, emerging from the shadows.

Typical.

"Stop stalking people," Sting sulked.
.
.
.
I'm not your friend or anything, damn. You think that you're the man. I think, therefore, I am...
.
.
.
"I'll show her that I'm better than her guild," Sting sighed, "I'll show her that I'm the only one she's ever needed."